Ack my hair is a mess

medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
Hi all! I've been missing since it got hot, I've not been taking care of my hair at all is why. I let it air dry , no products , rarely condition. It's just so hot here! My hair dries faster without products and the hair dryer was just burning me up even on warm.

Soooooooooo naturally my hair is a mess. Fine I know what to do about that of course but here's my delima.......

My hair is still shorter on top so I have to grow it out so the curls don't make me look bald up there (layers lots of them) does blowing out the top and leaving the rest curly look awful do you think?

My hair is dryer now but not straw or anything but conditioners are breaking out my back, if I do my hair upside down they break out my face.
How the heck do I get around that?

oh oh and I love devacurl shampoo but it seems to be not cleaning off everything and the suds will cling to what's left in my hair making it hard to rinse. I thought it was my water till I used regular shampoo again. Is there anything like their shampoo I can use that might not do that? or any solution?

Just full of questions aren't I? It's good to be back,,, now to sneak curly hair past my not so curly lovin S.O. so I'm happy with my hair again! :wink:
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.
http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    medusahair wrote:
    My hair is still shorter on top so I have to grow it out so the curls don't make me look bald up there (layers lots of them) does blowing out the top and leaving the rest curly look awful do you think?

My hair is dryer now but not straw or anything but conditioners are breaking out my back, if I do my hair upside down they break out my face. How the heck do I get around that?

oh oh and I love devacurl shampoo but it seems to be not cleaning off everything and the suds will cling to what's left in my hair making it hard to rinse. I thought it was my water till I used regular shampoo again. Is there anything like their shampoo I can use that might not do that? or any solution?

First off, welcome back! You were missed!

1- I have a shelf like yours, so to speak. I never thought about doing anything to it other than letting it alone & telling my stylist to not cut such "deep" layers, but rather go shallow; stair step them so they blend.

2- I'd say wipe off around the hairline with a toner afterwards?

3- Activate Hydrating Shampoo? Activate didn't raise their prices after all. I just bought a bottle of their poo at Rite Aid this past weekend.
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    Thanks for the welcome back! It's good to be among my friends again :love1:

I'll try activate shampoo again. I can't remember why I stopped using it or if it was just that I ran out and I already had the deva, thanks

I suppose upside down and face cleansing is easier than a full shoulder and back toner, you're right there. I'll def. try that.

I cut my own hair so I'll not cut it anymore for sure. I just have to live with it until it grows waaaaaaaa... yeah yeah I did it to myself so cry me a river right? :laughing9:

I guess I'll live with the curly bangs and try and get some height on top without that mass of hair that's usually there.
    Let this be a lesson, don't fix what isn't broken! I'm a bad curly bad!
    2c/3a?

• jillipoojillipoo Registered Users Posts: 3,795 Curl Neophyte
    medusahair wrote:
    I have really found that using baking soda and water cleans any residual gunk out of my hair. Who needs shampoo of any kind for our 3a hair? I use it infrequently, mostly because I've been pretty good about not using stuff that isn't water soluble. But the teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water, left in for a minute and then rinsed always cleans my hair nicely when I need it.
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    Missed you this summer, I followed you around on this board when I first came on... then, one day :sad5: I realized I hadn't seen you in while.

My two cents, if you want to curl the top and leave the rest natural, go for it! If you think it looks silly, stop, if you like it, continue on.
    2b/3a.
    Sorry about that :sad8:

I suppose you're right :wink: Now to figure out how to live with it until it grows out.
    2c/3a?

Forgot to address the baking soda in water. I can't just let it set on my hair I have to scrub it in. It does leave my hair a bit dry but if I DT after I could try that, thanks! I forgot about baking soda

Lemon doesn't work for me at all just an fyi for anyone in general. It's weird my hair sucks it up and just keeps it along with the buildup of conditioner. Vinegar too. My hair is weird I know.

Ah the joys of trying for the perfect routine eh? :toothy4:
    2c/3a?

Just an update.....
    It did this last time too........... My hair is falling out. No not you don't brush it so it falls out in the shower blah blah lol
    I mean it's coming out! You should see how much came out. Sooooooo I thought about what was diff at the beginning of my last treat my curls good stint and what I've done this time.

The only thing that is diff that I know of is I was using lowpoo and I'm out so I've been cowashing with a cheapie. I've used it before though, and every few days I use creme of nature.

So I'm going over the ingredients to see how they differ from what I usually use. Man that's frustrating, treat my hair better and it falls out!

However my hair is shiny again and curling up. It's shorter layers than I like when I wear it curly so the sides near my face are really curly. Too bad all my hair isn't like that :cheers:
    2c/3a?

• msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    Just looked at your fotki and your hair is still looking gorgeous. It might be shorter, but I see it's long enough to still get those fabulous shiny, big fat clumpy curls! :thumbright:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks sweetie! It's amazing what a little conditioner will do on dark hair for shine :wink:

It's coming into shape now, now to just let it grow! Seems like you were saying this same thing earlier in the year LOL that'll teach me to get scissors out!
    2c/3a?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file