I'm a mom for 14 years

CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
My oldest turns 14 today at exactly 11:55 p.m.

He was 7#11 oz, about 20.5" at birth, and had some dark hair that fell out to bald. I didn't know I'd had a boy for 4 hours after I had him, as the recovery nurse didn't know anything. That was maddening! Not knowing my baby's gender or name.

Now, he's 5'6" weighs 125#, and wears size 11.5 shoes. He's also got curls I'd kill to have; ranging from waves on top to 3B/C underneath. He went through that awkward stage over the past year, where his features and arms were out of proportion to his size, but I noticed this weekend he's filling in and I think he's handsome, even if I'm biased.
Strangely enough, I never doubted he'd be one of those guys who breaks many girls' hearts. Fortunately right now he's more into putting together Bionicle (a lego product), collecting and playing Yu-Gi-Oh! card game, as well as playing video games.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Comments

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    aw how exciting.. part of me can't wait to see what my boys will be like when they are teens the other part of me wants to cry thinking about it..
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Aaawww. I dread the teenage years. Not because of anything negative, but because they will be so close to adulthood.

Happy Birthday to your son!
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Registered Users Posts: 6,252 Curl Neophyte
    I think boys are easier than girls in their teenage years. At least it was that way in my house. I was the sassier more tempermental kid anyway, and was always hard-headed and stubborn to my parents. Add on top of that a teenage girl's attitude, and it was a recipe for trouble. My brother didn't so much have an attitude as he got VERY into girls and sports.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    :hello1:
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    Awww, happy birthday to your big boy!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    Why do they have to grow up so fast?
    Happy Birthday to him!
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh...time flies so fast. We want them to grow up but we dont' want them to grow up.

Happy Birthday to your son cynaminbear.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Happy birthday!!!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you everyone! I told him a bunch of people on-line wish him a happy birthday and he was pleased.

I think boys are easier than girls in their teenage years. At least it was that way in my house. I was the sassier more tempermental kid anyway, and was always hard-headed and stubborn to my parents. Add on top of that a teenage girl's attitude, and it was a recipe for trouble. My brother didn't so much have an attitude as he got VERY into girls and sports.
    I've heard the same. One friend has 4 girls and 2 boys, all of which have gone through the teen years except the youngest boy. She said the girls were harder by far, but after 13 it got a little better. With boys, at least IME, the hormones are still surging but instead of moodiness, hypersensitivity and crying jags it's flashes of anger over really stupid things.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Congratulations, Cynaminbear, and happy birthday to your 14 year old!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file