Newbie Question - How do you recover from wind and weather?

neatnicneatnic Registered Users Posts: 3
I just started wearing my hair curly, and am wondering how others fix messed-up hair in the middle of the day -- for example, after going outside on a very windy day. Is there a type of product for this, and if so, how do you use it? I typically need to detangle, defrizz, and smooth my curls, but don't know how to accomplish this without completely restyling it from scratch.

Any advice or tips?

Thanks!

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I have no tips for you because my hair will almost straighten in windy weather and just get poofy. I have not found a spray that works to bring my curls. So far the only product I can use on dry hair is Paul Mitchell Round Trip and that does seem to revive my curls somewhat.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    You might want to experiment with a refresher: Jessicurls Awe Inspiring Spray, Set It Free, Set Me Up (spray gel), Mist-er Right, you can mix your own (lavender and water, condish, water and a little gel mixed together). Surf the board here, lots of people get second day hair a variety of ways and I would think that might be comparable to a windy hair day.

Are you using a strong holding gel? That helps keep curls intact, somewhat.
    2b/3a.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    Is there a type of product for this, and if so, how do you use it? I typically need to detangle, defrizz, and smooth my curls, but don't know how to accomplish this without completely restyling it from scratch.
    Thanks![/quote]

I really like the Jessicurl AweInspiralling Spray ... I find that it bring the bounce back in my curls ... It works great ! :cheers:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • neatnicneatnic Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks -- I'll definitely try out the Jessicurl AweInspiralling Spray!
  • rhubarbarinrhubarbarin Registered Users Posts: 22
    For smoothing the outer layers of my hair when they've been mussed and defining curls I love John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon. I think it's the avocado oil that does the trick! It does have 1 cone in it though.

But I find the best thing to do on a windy day or in a convertible is to put my hair in a quick braid.. or just put my hood up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file