CurlTalk

My first Devacut this afternoon! (pix)

JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
I had my first Devacut ever today! I went to Teresa in Haverford, PA. (Just like Tycho 19). I had been to her when she was at Beans almost a year ago, but only for a coloring. She remembered me, but not that I was only there for a coloring. She was really great. I felt so comfortable there! When I was telling her about how my SO and I got engaged, she stopped doing my hair to listen b/c she thought it was such a good story!
Anyway, here are some pictures! Let me know what you think!

devacut004.jpg

devacut014.jpg
2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    It looks gorgeous!!! Love those spirals and how it curls on the ends!! She did a fantastic job! :love1:
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    It looks gorgeous!!! Love those spirals and how it curls on the ends!! She did a fantastic job! :love1:

Yes, I agree! Beautiful! :wink:
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjada1111%2F" class="Popup
    PW: flower
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    It's gorgeous!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    Looks great!!! Did she use the same products and style the sames as tycho? Please give us details, details, details :bounce: Also the engagement story would be good to, i missed it if you told it already.
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    Oh... you look so pretty! Love the spirals and the way your hair frames your face!! :cheers:

I can't wait 'til my hair's long enough to get it cut!! Okay, that doesn't make a lot of sense.... :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    Beautiful! And she said your hair wasnt curly last time? Ha! Look at those curls!!!!
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    tycho19 wrote:
    Beautiful! And she said your hair wasnt curly last time? Ha! Look at those curls!!!!
    Yeah! I don't think that she remembered that, b/c she kept talking about my beautiful curls! I think that my hair might have looked like that to her that day last year b/c it was pretty damaged and 3rd day hair!
    Looks great!!! Did she use the same products and style the sames as tycho? Please give us details, details, details Also the engagement story would be good to, i missed it if you told it already.
    I think she did use at least most of the same products. She used low poo and OneC. And did not rinse it out. Then she used the ISO Bouncy (which I used to use and forgot about it) and the Set It Free. Not [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]B'Leave In[/buylink] though b/c I don't like it for my hair. It tends to dry it out.

You know, I don't think I ever posted my engagement story. I post it later today. Right now I'm on my way to Linvilla Orchards! YAY! I have an obsession with mazes and they have cornfield and hay bale mazes! (plus great apple cider)
    2poodles wrote:
    Oh... you look so pretty! Love the spirals and the way your hair frames your face!! :cheers:

I can't wait 'til my hair's long enough to get it cut!! Okay, that doesn't make a lot of sense.... :wink:
    I completely understand that! That's why I waited until now! (Well, that and the money :wink: )

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
    Oh, I went to Ulta last night and bought the ISO Bouncy, Set It Free, and Mister Right last night! (It was cheaper there than at the salon)
    I'm going to try to get 2nd day hair with the Mster Right!
  • curlywallycurlywally Posts: 53Registered Users
    Your hair looks incredible. How thick is it? I have similar curls to you and your picture makes me want to go shorter, but I have quite thick hair. I'm wondering if it will look the same?
    3a (with some 3b) long, blonde curls.

password: curly
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    I have SHE (SERIOUS HAIR ENVY!) :love1:
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAHopewell1%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    You have beautiful hair, I love the cut!

I'm jealous, wish there was a deva trained hairstyler where I live
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    Your new cut is great! I love all those spirals. It's shaped really well, and it's so nice & shiny! Of course with your face, you don't even need good hair!

I looked at some of your other pictures, and I think your hair looks a lot curlier now. I don't know if it's just the cut, but it looks super. Congrats!
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • BlondeSpiralsBlondeSpirals Posts: 19Registered Users
    Your cut looks really good, and I LOVE your color!!
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very pretty!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • MagpieMagpie Posts: 39Registered Users
    Your hair looks great! Did you really get the DevaCurl products at Ulta? I wanted to get One C, but I didn't think they sold it there, so I got Burt's Bees instead. I didn't even look for it. What a bummer.
    The Ulta store near me does carry the Deva products! :bounce:
    3A; I have HG products!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    It looks great Jaxie! :D Look at those curls! And I love your color.

I love the way it comes to around shoulder in front, but is longer in back. I'd like to grow mine out again, but don't really like it much longer than shoulder in the front-- it tends to flip upward awkwardly and get caught in the purse-straps. :P About how long is it in front, and the back? Meaning, how far below shoulders? It's hard to tell from the pic since your arms are up taking the pic (mine always look that way too!).
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    Looks great!!! Did she use the same products and style the sames as tycho? Please give us details, details, details :bounce: Also the engagement story would be good to, i missed it if you told it already.
    Okay, so I have time to tell the engagement story now.
    First I need to give background info or it won't make sense. 1- My SO works for a spring water company and gets free water
    2nd- I am obsessed with a cereal place down in the university city section of Philly www.cereality.com
    3rd- My SO belongs to an Irish Club that was holding an Irish festival that weekend.
    So I kinda knew it was coming bc we were planning on moving in together, but not before we were engaged with the date set. I didn't think he had even gotten the ring yet, because I had only said 2 things to him about (white gold, not too big or gaudy) about two months before.

What was supposed to happen:
    He picked up the ring on Thursday (very end of May) and was planning on getting me a box of my favorite mix from cereality on Friday while he was delivering water and then he was going to go see my dad at work Friday afternoon to ask his permission (bc my dad would really like that). Then we were babysitting his neice and nephew Friday night. He was going to put the ring in the box of cereal and have me pour us cereal for breakfast on Saturday morning.

What actually happened:
    The Sunday before this happened I was staying at his apartment and we were playing on going out. I said that I was going to jump in the shower and went to get towels. He thought he was funny and ran and jumped into the shower before me. (It was a clawfoot tub, btw) He was rushing so badly that when he was reaching for something, he slipped on the curve of the tub and fell, smashing his ribs into the edge of the tub. He broke the shower head, but thought he was fine otherwise. Fast FWD to Tuesday, he's in some pain, thought it was a pulled muscle. He plays softball and then is in excruciating pain, but does nothing about it. According to plan he picks up the ring on Thursday, but he over sleeps on Friday. He is late and can't get to cereality and is late finishing and has to get to sister's to babysit so he can't see my dad. We babysit and he complains about his ribs to me and his sis. He won't go to the hospital like we say till his sis (a nurse) lightly touches them and he screams, she thinks they are broken.
    We decide to go home and get up early and I take him to the hospital. Yes, they are broken. They give him a prescription, he decides to fill it later because we have to the Irish festival to give them the water he has. He goes, I go later with my mom and then come again by myself. I am driving to his place in my car and he in his. He calls me and says that they are running out of water and he has to go to work and get some more. I said "oh, I'll go. I've never seen your work" He said he's going right from there so no. I'm thinking "fine, be that way"
    He calls me when he gets close to his apt. so I say call me when you get here and we'll go get it filled. He says "what filled" Me: "Duh, your prescription"
    Then I hear him come in and I'm actually on nc.com and I wonder why he didn't call, but may be he has to use the bathroom. He comes into the living room and I toss him the prescription and he's ask what it is. I said It is your prescription, why do keep forgetting about it?" Then I see a black thing in his hand and I say "What's that?" that's when he gets down on one knee, and I said "OOHHHH..." He said Jackie (last name) Will you marry me?" I got teary and I said Yes I will.
    It turned out he really didn't go to his work. He went to the neighborhood bar that my father goes to to ask him permission.
    Sorry that was incredibly long, I didn't realize how long it was till I typed it!
    Aw, what a beautiful story! :) Something to tell your children (if you choose to have them) and grandchildren. ;) Thanks for sharing. And CONGRATULATIONS! :D So what's the ring like?
    CurliLocks wrote:
    Aw, what a beautiful story! :) Something to tell your children (if you choose to have them) and grandchildren. ;) Thanks for sharing. And CONGRATULATIONS! :D So what's the ring like?
    I decided it would be easier to upload a pic! (it is at the bottom of this post) Thanks for the compliments and the congratulations, we are planning on having children, it will definitely be something to tell them! As for my hair lengths, In the back when curly it is about 4-5 inches below my shoulders. The front and top layer are much shorter! I was planning on my hair growing super long, but I'm thinking that I really love these lengths!

CLKcurlyq: You should definitely check your Ulta, they might carry devacurl!
    RozettaStone: I think that you're right, my hair seems much curlier to me now too, I'm thinking it defintely 3a now.
    curlywally: My is is relatively thick I think. Your hair my look good like this too, of course I can't guarantee it though. You should post some pix of your hair!
    To everyone: Thanks so much for the compliments! Today was the first day I went out and wasn't looking at other people's curls with total envy!
    ring001.jpg
    That's a beautiful ring. :)

I'm aiming for the same lengths you have, but I keep a few shorter layers to frame my face.
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    that is a gorgeous ring to match a gorgeous girl with a gorgeous new hair cut! go you!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

What a great story! THanks for sharing it. I think it is so so sweet and very considerate that he took the time to ask your father. Are you planning a big or small wedding?
    3A; I have HG products!
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Beautiful ring! Beautiful story! Beautiful haircut! You'll make a beautiful bride! Congratulations!
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
    Thanks for all of the congratulations everyone!
    What a great story! THanks for sharing it. I think it is so so sweet and very considerate that he took the time to ask your father. Are you planning a big or small wedding?
    I guess the wedding is kind of in between in size. We are having 150-160 guests.
    I actually only wanted close relatives there (that would have been about 40-45 people) but my idea was vetoed by both my mother and my fiance. Then I only wanted 3 people on each side of the wedding party (my 2 sisters, his sister, his brother and cousin and my brother) but he wanted to have his 2 friends, so now my two cousins are in it as well.
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Awww what a sweet story! I hope his ribs healed really fast. Lovely ring but most of all I love your hair! It looks so good with that length and so healthy!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    medusahair wrote:
    Awww what a sweet story! I hope his ribs healed really fast. Lovely ring but most of all I love your hair! It looks so good with that length and so healthy!
    Thank you!
    And where have you been?? I haven't seen you on here in sooo long!
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I've been in extra chores land ack! It's been hot and I haven't had much time or money for all the fun hair fun :(
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Great cut - perfect face framing.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    medusahair wrote:
    I've been in extra chores land ack! It's been hot and I haven't had much time or money for all the fun hair fun :(
    Well, we're glad you're back! We missed you here!!
    Great cut - perfect face framing.
    THANKS!! :sunny: