DT & COLOURING Qs - Please help!

TwirlyEmTwirlyEm Posts: 19Registered Users
I have been colouring my hair for a few years now (ever since that glorious blonde I had in my teens slowly faded to a dull brown). Im at that time again where Im going ot have to colour it soon and I was wondering what is the best box colour (if any at all) to use? Also, I have never done a DT and I really want to do one but should I do it before or after the colouring and how long should I wait between? THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME :cheers:
**Emily**

Comments

• curlsgirlcurlsgirl Posts: 104Registered Users
    Just my personal experience but as long as you don't do it right before you color or right after (in other words your roots should be fairly clean before putting color on and after give your color about 48 hours for your hair to grab it well). You should only do the roots each time by the way and not all over like the box says. That is very drying and damaging FYI and it doesn't really NEED it if it is a permanent color.
    3a M iii waist stretched and growing :)
    newpics2-2.jpg
  • jelleauxjelleaux Posts: 4Registered Users
    TwirlyEm wrote:
    I was wondering what is the best box colour (if any at all) to use? Also, I have never done a DT and I really want to do one but should I do it before or after the colouring and how long should I wait between?

L'Oreal Excellence Blonde Supremes and L'Oreal Preference Les Blondissimes are both high-lifting boxed dyes that I would recommend. A toner can really help to cut down on any brassiness if it occurs.

If your hair is damaged, a protein treatment like Aphogee will really help to fix the damage. Just be sure to follow up with a deep conditioner! HTH.
    3A/B blonde curls, and... a pixie cut! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file