CurlTalk

do you smoke cigarettes?

zmanzzzzzmanzzzz BannedPosts: 3,826Banned Users
not me. :D
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    So far your poll is all about me! No, I don't smoke. :)
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    zmanzzzz wrote:

well, you do have a redeeming quality, then.

(joke!)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    Where's the "heck, no!" option?

I may have had a grandfather if he hadn't done so, either. Apparently, he pulled my older brother up to his hospital bed as he was dying of Emphysema, held a smoke in his hand, and said, "This is what's killing your grandfather." All three of us kids have never smoked.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Quitting...1 week today since I've had one. It's really weird cause I havn't even had a craving for one. I guess it was just time!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    Quitting...1 week today since I've had one. It's really weird cause I havn't even had a craving for one. I guess it was just time!

Good for you; keep it up! :D
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    Amneris wrote:
    zmanzzzz wrote:

well, you do have a redeeming quality, then.

(joke!)

:Kissing2:kissing2smilie.php
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I am a virulent anti-smoker.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users

I quit 7 years ago - started up again last year and recently quit again. 4 weeks - go Commit lozenge!
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhmiklos" class="Popup
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    No, I have the a$$-mar.

Even if I didn't have asthma I still wouldn't smoke because I think it is gross.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    i will do a cigar every now and then.
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Eww no!

And I hate how the smokers at work take so many breaks and no one thinks anything about it!!
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    I confess - I smoke when I drink. Like a freakin' chimney. Other than that, nope, can't stand the taste and smell.
  • Pacific PoppyPacific Poppy Posts: 253Registered Users
    Never. Ugh. I haaaaate that smell.

One of our freinds quit about 5 years ago after chainsmoking her whole life. She is 50 ish and looked 60, I felt so bad for her. She is actually de-aging before our eyes! Its weird, but she only looks her age now.
    3c, CG Fine hairs, med growth.
    Formerly "Rainyday"
  • AseretAseret Posts: 9Registered Users
    Not only do I not smoke, but I hate being around anyone who does. There's a girl I work with who will come and talk to me right after she has a cig and I swear there's still smoke coming out her mouth - Yuk!!
    stinky
    ****Don't marry someone you can live with, marry someone you can't live without!****
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    I've probably done it abouthalf a dozen times in my life. Usually when I've been quite drunk, Not something I plan on making a habit out of.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    No, and I have no desire to do so. Both of my parents smoke(d). My dad quit about 9 years ago, and my mom, unfortunately, still smokes. All I can remember growing up is all of my clothes smelling like cigarettes, and walking into various rooms(kitchen and living room) with clouds of smoke, and coughing all of the time. Oh, and my nose was always stuffed up. I hated that! :x Now, I kinda have a gag reflex when I smell the smoke. Ugh.....
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • SadeckiSadecki Posts: 126Registered Users
    I smoked a pack of day for 8 years (I know - the horrors, I am only 24) I successfully quit cold turkey 10 months ago July 3rd. I am finally to the point where I don't want it and it makes me feel sick when I smell it.

Quitting smoking has changed my life.
    In Other Worlds, they Call me Taliska
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Nope I don't!! I used to sneak a clove every now and then while drinking but I don't anymore.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    Never have and never will. :wink:
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • DeCurloDeCurlo Posts: 28Registered Users
    I smoke Marlboro Lights.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    No, just sometimes at bars and clubs.
  • HeadintheCloudsHeadintheClouds Posts: 8Registered Users
    I smoke anywhere from 1/2 a pack - a pack a day depending on the day.
    I know I *should* quit, but I don't want to enough to actually do it.
    I am young however, so I don't plan on smoking for the rest of my life...(yes, bad excuse, and yes, who knows :roll: :P )
    So yah, for now, I'm a smoker.
    "Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got." - Janis Joplin
    FreeCurls wrote:
    but you don't hear about bird hoarders or gerbil hoarders or whatever. just the cats. Must be something about those felines.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Nope. I've never even been curious about trying a cigarette - they smell so bad to me from a distance that I'm sure I'd hate it. I'm also allergic to cigarette smoke, which is reason #565 that I don't smoke.

A smoking ban in Madison just went into effect at midnight tonight! My roommate and I went out specially to sort of celebrate, only to find out most bars weren't really enforcing it until tomorrow. Grrr! So of course, we have no choice but to go out tomorrow night to celebrate it, too. It will be *so* nice not to come home from the bars and either have to take a shower at 2:30 a.m. or to wake up with a killer sinus headache!
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    I don't mind the smell of smoke at all. As long as it's not directly being blown in my face that is. And I've never come home smelling like it, weird, which is probably why I'm fine with it.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • EnafaeEnafae Posts: 24Registered Users
    I quit 22 yrs ago! :D
    3a/b redheaded Irish gal!
    CG since October 10, 2002
    formerly arobxinstructr
  • keskes Posts: 27Registered Users
    meryn wrote:
    I confess - I smoke when I drink. Like a freakin' chimney. Other than that, nope, can't stand the taste and smell.

This is exactly how I am also.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I smoke anywhere from 1/2 a pack - a pack a day depending on the day.
    I know I *should* quit, but I don't want to enough to actually do it.
    I am young however, so I don't plan on smoking for the rest of my life...(yes, bad excuse, and yes, who knows :roll: :P )
    So yah, for now, I'm a smoker.

I was exactly the same way. Then last week I was at the end of a carton and just decided I wasn't going to buy anymore. I hadn't planned on quitting, but just felt it was time. You'll know when it's time and it'll be easy when it happens :D
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    kes wrote:
    meryn wrote:

Sorry, no offense but I have trouble understanding this - If you know it smells and tastes bad, why do you smoke, even on occassion?? It's what frustrates me about my mom, she'll quit for a week at a time and will complain how bad the smell is if someone else smokes, but then she starts again!! :evil:

So no, I have been an adament anti-smoker since the age of 5. Both my parents used to smoke IN the house with two small girls and I would get KILLER earaches ALL the friggin time. Pretty sure i;'m allergic to the nasty stuff.
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • keskes Posts: 27Registered Users
    kes wrote:
    meryn wrote:

Sorry, no offense but I have trouble understanding this - If you know it smells and tastes bad, why do you smoke, even on occassion?? It's what frustrates me about my mom, she'll quit for a week at a time and will complain how bad the smell is if someone else smokes, but then she starts again!! :evil:

So no, I have been an adament anti-smoker since the age of 5. Both my parents used to smoke IN the house with two small girls and I would get KILLER earaches ALL the friggin time. Pretty sure i;'m allergic to the nasty stuff.

I don't know, it's hard to explain. I used to smoke up to a pack a day in college. I kinda would smoke on and off (I luckily do not have an addictive personality, I'm the same way with coffee, can take it or leave it with no withdrawal). I hate the way I smell after a night of drinking and smoking. I usually have to take a shower before I go to bed. When I quite smoking sober it was the same as some others have described. I was just smoking a cigarette one day and realized it was not enjoyable at all, and knew that was it for me.

I think it's horrible when adults smoke in the house with children. My dad used to do this, but my mom eventually made him go out to the garage. Smoking inside is just yuck, because then your furniture, clothes, everything stinks.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I smoked on and off for quite a few years. In college I smoked a pack a day. Then I quit, started again but cut down a lot. For a while I would only smoke a few a week. I finally quit for good three years ago and I am so happy that I did.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.