What is the CG/No Poo routine?

kathytwinkathytwin Posts: 1Registered Users
I am a newbie what is the CG/No Poo routine? I am a 3b.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Hi there! I'm far from expert in this, but I do know that "CG" stands for "Curly Girl" and is the title of a book by Lorraine Massey, owner of the Devacurl salon in NYC. The book is very empowering for women with curly hair and encourages curly heads to give up shampoo (or "poo", get it :wink: ) in order to retain moisture in their hair.

A lot of us have MODIFIED the CG routine, to poo (or use shampoo or cleansers) 1 or 2X a week, and strictly use gentle shampoos that don't have drying sulfates in them, like Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS).. At least that is what I do, and it helps my hair to stay moist.

There is a whole board devoted to these issues called "Going Shampoo-less." Anyway, you are welcome to stay here, we need more curlies who proudly claim the 3b hair type :!: I proudly claim a mixed 3b/c hair type :D and seem to have gotten here early in the game... :P
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    curltopia nailed it. :wink:

Welcome to the boards, hope you stick around!
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Just to piggy back on that...I guess if you go NoPoo, you should eliminate all silicone based hair products as they are nearly impossible to remove with Nopoo type hair cleansing products. This is proving difficult for me... :cry:

• MissMillaMissMilla Posts: 4Registered Users
    the cg/no poo ruten is that you are not aloud to whash your hair whith shampo you us condishaner every morning well if some words are wrong im younger so srry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file