CurlTalk

question about BTZ Noodlehead

I've heard great things about this, but is this to be used underneath one's gel, or by itself? I have 2C-3A hair that's growing longer. Thanks!
health-conscious, visionary artist in transition

Comments

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I use it both ways.

Do you practice the Curly Girl routine?

I ask because the product might have the potential to build up for some people & need a sulfate cleanser to remove it.

It contains beeswax. I think it also contains silicones, cyclomethicone comes to mind.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/tools2/index.php?id=1194

I love it & don't find it builds up, but I also don't use it daily & I use a low sulfate or c-b cleanser once a week & a loaded sulfate (clarifying) shampoo once a month.
  • MollieNMollieN Posts: 39Registered Users
    i tried it and it is too light for my hair i need a thick product. i like curls rock.
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    i tried it and it is too light for my hair i need a thick product. i like curls rock.

What's your method of using this? I have some of the cream and some of the spray amplifier...I love the shape and definition I get with them, but I don't like the fact that it makes my hair hard and crunchy!
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

Gypsy,

The cream alone doesn't make my hair crunchy. I get real good definition with this on its own. I haven't tried using a bunch of the Noodle Head for bigger & more clumps & hold like I get from Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme. I'm afraid it may weigh my hair down & make it greasy.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I tried it and really felt the wax in it. I didnt work for me.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    I wonder if that or something else is what makes my hair look & feel so soft, almost like it's well moisturized.
  • SmallfryisbackSmallfryisback Posts: 107Registered Users
    I really like this product. Noodlehead gives me nice defined, clumpy curls! And I use it alone; and it doesn't make my hair crunchy. I use the cream form.
    "It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have"

3b/c curls, I think
    Hair Journal
    My Curly Journey

Previously Curlyblasian and Smallfry, but my account locked me out, twice!