CurlTalk

Undereye Puffiness and Bags

DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
Does anyone have a recommendation of a product that will help with undereye puffiness/bags? If so, I would really appreciate it if you would share!
image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    DarkAngel wrote:
    Does anyone have a recommendation of a product that will help with undereye puffiness/bags? If so, I would really appreciate it if you would share!

I've had some really great changes, especially in my eye area, using DMAE amine. It's like I had a freaking eyelift! It's not just an eyecream though. DMAE has been shown in real medical studies (/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.psfskincare.com%2Fdmaesources.htm" class="Popup) to firm skin all over the face.

There are lots of big name cosmetic companies now putting out DMAE products, but most of them are not formulated the same way as the product that was studied. They're using too little DMAE amine (or using DMAE bitartrate instead...which does nothing) and buffering it to make the product non-acidic (probably to appeal to a wider audience). The DMAE amine level must be at least 3% and have a certain acidic pH. This is the only DMAE product I know of meeting that criteria, and it's affordable too:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F2tk9vn" class="Popup

DMAE stinks though...like ammonia. It disappears after it dries, but it's stinky when wet.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
    Thanks! I will give it a shot!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    DarkAngel wrote:
    Thanks! I will give it a shot!

Keep in mind that it is very acidic, and therefore might be drying. So if you tend towards dry, you will need to use a moisturizer afterwards. Be sure to wait the 10-20 minutes after DMAE application before applying anything else to get the most benefit out of it. I use it twice a day and get great results, but some people can see results using it once per day.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    Is the smell strong? On the site it mentions it has a fish-like smell.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    cjc wrote:
    Is the smell strong? On the site it mentions it has a fish-like smell.

Yes, as I said in my post above...it stinks like ammonia or fish. It quickly dries though, and the smell disappears.
  • The ScientistThe Scientist Posts: 239Registered Users
    I use Oil of Olay Regenerist eye lifting serum. I don't really have any wrinkles or anything like that, I just tend to get really puffy eyes in the morning. Since I've started using this product, I haven't had any puffy eyes in the mornings whatsoever.
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!