Hi PJ Wavies: Oldie but Goodie Cocktail

SoCalWavySoCalWavy Posts: 92Registered Users
OK, so I've been CG for about a month now, no one can ever believe that I stopped using shampoo. Anyway, I stumbled across a product cocktail which is really working for me. It's just plain old HE Totally Twisted on top of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]JC Too Shea[/buylink]. I was having HORRIBLE luck with LOOB (jerri curls) and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]JC gelebration[/buylink] (crunchy, limp noodles)

I just cowash like normal, then put in a bunch of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]too shea[/buylink], rinse it out a little (I learned this the hard way that if I don't rinse some out, it's greased flat to my head.) Then put in a tsp. of TT gel and comb it through. I clip it and let it dry for 30 mins then diffuse for 5-10 mins. This combo gives me bouncy, fat, clumpy, shiny curls. I really should post a pic!!

FYI: BSL, layered, fine textured, medium thickness DRY hair (color treated, and I live in the desert)
2A/3A, high porosity, fine, normal elasticity.
Shampoo Bar: Dr. Bronner's Baby Bar
Condish: KBB Milk/Mop Top/TJ Nourish
Leave-In: See Above!
Curl Enhancer: KCCC/BB Gelee
Hold: Fuzzy Duck(med)/BRHG(strong)
2nd Day Hair: FOTE + Dab BRHG

Loving BB Gelee right now
my hair likes: protein, light gels/sprays
Fotki: pw=curly

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    So glad to hear you've found a combo that's working for you. Please, please post a pic!!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tootsierolleyestootsierolleyes Posts: 3Registered Users
    I've been reading the postings for over a year; I'm a 2B. I finished all my old hair products and tried Giovani shampoo and conditioner - they weren't nourishing enough becasue I had had my hair stripped and recolored. I then tried Deva Care Shampoo and Conditioner - pretty disappointed considering the price and the hype. I've also tried an assortment of creams and gels along the way.

I just tried Jason Organic Shampoo and Organic Hair Mayonase (not by Jason) - together these two products don't come out to more than $10 and they are great. I also found that the best product for me is this lime green pomade which is water based called en-vogue - you can buy it at any drug store for less than $5.00.

I wanted to share this becasue after a year of trying various products and finishing them all since I tend to not like to waste things, I wanted share the great finds I have and they happen to be on the low budget end. It's not that i'm not willing to spend money on my hair, but if I can find great products and save money. Then it's a super good day. Hope this helps someone out

PS: I also use the microfiber towel, wash my hair every other day, and use baking soda once a month to remove build up.
  • HalSaHalSa Posts: 53Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    jcrewgirl your hair is so pretty :)

I should really try diffusing more, but I cant find the diffuser thing for my blowdryer :(
    Im tempted to buy a new one, hehe, but I bet im gonna find the other one if i do that
    2c dark blonde,shoulder length, growing out henndigo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file