Are you a PJ?

love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
Just curious about whether there are many fellow PJs surfing this board... I voted yes :D

My PJ'ism goes in waves, and I have a lot of half full and quarter full bottles in my large stash since I rotate products daily/weekly. I can't seem to stop it because I am constantly finding new products that I love. For example, late last year I discovered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink], and this year, I discovered Jane Carter Solution [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/The-Jane-Carter-Solution-Hair-Nourishing-Cream-p-174.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=the-jane-carter-solution-hair-nourishing-cream]Hair Nourishing Cream[/buylink] and the Devacurl line. All of these are among my most favorite hair products, so I would have missed out if I had not gone exploring..... 8)

Et tu? What's your PJ story (or anti- or recovered- PJ if you fall into that camp).
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    But of course!!! 8)
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Ahhh, I was hoping that I might get you to come join us again :wink:

If you are still in the mood to be an "honorary curly," I just started a PJ-related desert island poll on the 3C board........ 8)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

• CurliTressesCurliTresses Posts: 119Registered Users
    I selected: My use of products is moderate, and I like it that way, but I also can say that: I used to be, but I am recovered/saved I used to always be in the haircare aisles searching and reading, and buying and then buying some more, looking for that perfect product. (Never been a fierce PJ though :wink: too expensive) Finally decided to just start using up what I had in stash and it's been great since then. I mostly purchase from local stores, or online, but have tamed my product purchasing down alot. Feels good. I still purchase products now and then and still am on the lookout for that perfect product, but am satisfied with what I use now or have on hand. :lol: But will be purchasing MOP condish soon.
    HairType: multi-texture 3a/b/c
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    I keep doing this :blush:blush.gif

Where is the *smacks head on brick wall* smiley :lol:
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Posts: 343Registered Users
    I try to use up products before I buy new ones, but I love trying new things, so it's rare that I'll buy the same product twice in a row. I'm proud to say that I don't allow my "product graveyard" to get out of control, though. I either use it up or pass it on to someone I think will like it more than me.
    Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
    CO-wash convert since October 2010
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
    • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
    • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
    • Giovanni Direct leave-in
    • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
    I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.
  • werenumber2werenumber2 Posts: 260Registered Users
    My PJ-ism is curbed by the fact that I have no money!

But I am a PJ at heart. I'm the weirdo who will, when the spirit moves me, look under my bathroom sink and sniff my products. :shock:
    comic-p.jpg

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
    Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
    Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
    Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
    Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
    Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    I am trying to recover. In fact will be selling some of my stuff on the swap board so look out for me :wink:
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
  • EnricaEnrica Posts: 86Registered Users
    Good Lawd, YES!! What would be the Betty Ford of PJism? :hyper:hyper.gif
    3c representative of a 2c-4a curly clan.
    Keeping it simple, natural & sulfate free. Fan of pure oils, butters & glycerin to moisturize.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Yes, but trying to recover, or at least get rid of stuff I don't like to get better stuff.....
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

:D

I love everyone's replies!!! And, LOL at Werenumber 2 checking out/ sniffing her PJ stash... :P

• O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    im such a junkie!
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    That's the only downside to having found NC.com! I wasn't really this way before! :roll: :)
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
  • FidoGwenFidoGwen Posts: 92Registered Users
    heeheehee
    I'm still the only on who said no! :lol:
    Both of my older brothers were PJ's and I always thought, "I don't want to be like that!" I just see it as a waste of time and money. Since I don't drive and don't really have a job (I own my own business, but I make so little I don't have to worry about paying income taxes!) the time and money I waste are not mine alone. BUT if a friend offers me the remainders of a product she didn't like, I give it a try! :)
    I'm a 2something/3something. Started modified CG routine on 6/6/05
    Cut more than ten inches from my BSL hair on 8-10-05 and growing it long again
    But we're STILL adjusting. ;-)
    FidoGwen wrote:
    heeheehee
    I'm still the only on who said no! :lol:

Bad girl :twisted: But you can still play with the PJ gang :P LOL about your brothers! Who ever heard of male PJs....

• FidoGwenFidoGwen Posts: 92Registered Users
    you can still play with the PJ gang
    Thanks curltopia!
    I didn't want to say anything at first. 8) But, having spent so much time with PJ's, I know what it's like and am sympathetic. :D
    I'm a 2something/3something. Started modified CG routine on 6/6/05
    Cut more than ten inches from my BSL hair on 8-10-05 and growing it long again
    But we're STILL adjusting. ;-)
  • ArlsArls Posts: 16Registered Users
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I had what looked like a liquor cabinet in my dorm room FULL of all my hair products...Needless to say some people weren't too happy when they found out what it held. :wink: :roll:

It's sick how much I love trying out new products. Once my friends used an almost FULL tube of hair gel on the head of one of our guys to create fun styles (spikes, mohawks, etc...) They were like "Arly, we're sorry we used it all! We'll go to Sally's tomorrow to get you some more..." Poor things had no idea what they were in for! :lol:
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I thought I was a PJ until I joined this site. After reading lists of what some people have in their closets, I realize that I actually don't have a problem.
    Chocolate Curls-

It's so nice to have you over here :D You too, Arls!!! Stay a while, or come visit often :wink:

Bumping for newbies and others who haven't already to vote in this old, classic poll 8)

Also, Enrica - Your new avatar is soooo cute :D (I liked your answer too)
    Enrica wrote:
    Good Lawd, YES!! What would be the Betty Ford of PJism? :hyper:hyper.gif

• CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    OMG! How did I miss this poll??? I so voted yes, I'm not even trying to pretend. I have it somewhat under control, but I still can't resist the urge to just browse the product aisles or visit the BSS in case I miss something!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    No kidding, Curlilocs! I joined in on the "Spending Freeze" thread a couple weeks ago but bought something anyway after like 3 days! Today I went to the BSS near my new house, just to "see what they have," and I came out with $15 worth of stuff! A shampoo and 2 styling lotions to try! :D

Password= urban
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    Used to be a SUPER HUGE pj...i swear i had one of everything....

But i am reforming my whole life, trying to simplefy, so i am (kinda) undercontrol. I always give my old stuff away to friends or my sis though, they get good use out of it...so nothing goes to waste!!!!!!!!

Moving every year for the past 5 years (through college) has helped to control my habit too ;)
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,709Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    For the 40-some years I hated my hair I was definitely a PJ. I had cupboards full of promises, time, money, tears, and failed products.

Now that I love my weird hair and know what it likes, I still like to buy stuff but the list has been simplified so much that it hardly counts as a habit.

I might have 6 kind of conditioner under the kitchen sink but they each cost less than a dollar. And I don't think I can even count things like honey, molasses, herbs, coffee, etc as products since they've always been in my kitchen anyway. I just moved them to another cupboard.

I am always astonished by some of your lists on other product threads. Wow!

I am also no longer a SJ (shoe junkie). Now if I could just quit smoking and cursing so much.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Some great new posts :D

As for the following, you are really asking a lot woman! 8) :wink: :lol:

I am also no longer a SJ (shoe junkie). Now if I could just quit smoking and cursing so much.

• ilovelilyilovelily Posts: 24Registered Users
    YES, I am a PJ and proud of it! I am even worse now that I just found this site this week! There will be some big product wars going on in my house once my DH see the new shipment coming!!!! My daughter, 16 mos, loves getting into all the bottles that I have stashed everywhere.
    Michelle
    3b/c curls
    ilovelily wrote:
    YES, I am a PJ and proud of it! I am even worse now that I just found this site this week! There will be some big product wars going on in my house once my DH see the new shipment coming!!!! My daughter, 16 mos, loves getting into all the bottles that I have stashed everywhere.

Product wars? Why, cuz he'll want to use them too?

Password= urban
  • ilovelilyilovelily Posts: 24Registered Users
    HE DEFINATELY DOES NOT WANT TO USE THEM!!! DH has straight, fine, blond hair and only uses shampoo! He hates that every time he opens up a cabinet, there are bound to be products falling out at him! Poor guy....
    Michelle
    3b/c curls
    OH, I see! :lol:

Password= urban
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    urbancurl wrote:
    No kidding, Curlilocs! I joined in on the "Spending Freeze" thread a couple weeks ago but bought something anyway after like 3 days! Today I went to the BSS near my new house, just to "see what they have," and I came out with $15 worth of stuff! A shampoo and 2 styling lotions to try! :D

I know what you mean. I was late for a birthday party today because I was in the grocery store, of all places, looking at hair products!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
    Curlilocs wrote:
    urbancurl wrote:

I know what you mean. I was late for a birthday party today because I was in the grocery store, of all places, looking at hair products!

But did you buy something? :wink:

Password= urban

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file