CurlTalk

Deva-Good results, but not great.

This morning I used Devacare NoPoo and OneC (as leave-in), [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] and Angell. Once dry, I used SIF to scrunch the crunch. I like the soft results and curl formation I got from these products but I can't stand the halo of frizz all over. I didn't get this with my other products but I think the proteins were starting to get to me. So I backed down.

Does anyone use Deva products and still control the frizz? What are you using to get rid of the frizz?

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    CK is great for controlling frizz. I don't think it has protein, either. You might want to consider trying some of that. HTH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• marybethmarybeth Posts: 342Registered Users
    2poodles wrote:
    CK is great for controlling frizz. I don't think it has protein, either. You might want to consider trying some of that. HTH!

i agree CK rocks. i had frizz halo from Deva products as well, until i started using CK ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]) it is the best i have used so far in controlling frizz.

check me out here using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]devacurl no poo[/buylink] and one C and CK...

1518939751_e449cb62f1.jpg

closeup here...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm3.static.flickr.com%2F2401%2F1518939751_8fc5228408_o.jpg" class="Popup

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    2Poodles - I think I need to order some CK!

Marybeth - Your hair looks great! Do you use any gel or other styling product after CK?
    pinksugar wrote:
    2Poodles - I think I need to order some CK!

Marybeth - Your hair looks great! Do you use any gel or other styling product after CK?

thanks pinksugar (cute name), i just use set it free after my hair is completely dry. i spritz it a little bit on my crown and sides then i bend over and spray underneath. while i'm still bent over i scrunch the crunch.

let me tell you, i am getting so many compliments and so many people noticing there is something different with my hair. i just got out of a meeting and one of the guy's said "did you do something different with your hair?" i said "yes, i did." he said "you use to have a lot more hair." ha ha, that is because it was always a frizzy big haired mess (i thought to myself). i told him i am trying different products and he said it looks really cool, the curls are a lot looser and they look neat. and i said that's CK! (no i didn't but i wanted to) he he :laughing9: i just said thanks, and walked onto the elevator. :laughing9:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users
    Marybeth: I wish I could get as good results with CK as you do! Your hair is gorgeous! For some reason I can't seem to get CK to produce really outstanding results for my hair (especially with frizz control).

I haven't used any other Deva products except for SIF, but I have to admit, I haven't had "outstanding" results with it either--only ok results. Maybe I'll stick to my go-to cocktail for now ;).
    2A or 3A, depending on the day...
    Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
    Marybeth: I wish I could get as good results with CK as you do! Your hair is gorgeous! For some reason I can't seem to get CK to produce really outstanding results for my hair (especially with frizz control).

I haven't used any other Deva products except for SIF, but I have to admit, I haven't had "outstanding" results with it either--only ok results. Maybe I'll stick to my go-to cocktail for now ;).

jennifer, everybody's hair is different, and will react differently to said products. what is your current cocktail?

the first time i used CK i did not like it because i did not use enough. now i make sure all of my hair is coated in it, not really thick, but i make sure i put a puddle on the crown, both sides, back and underneath, then i comb it through as CHS suggests you do. i also brush my hair every other day before i wash. i use a natural bristle brush and i think that contributes to the shine as well. it is good to get those natural scalp oils flowing.

mb

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• jennifermariajennifermaria Posts: 179Registered Users
    Current cocktail is Robert Craig conditioner as a leave-in (just a tiny amount, so it doesn't weigh my hair down), LOOB, then JoiWhip.

I'd be perfectly happy sticking with this cocktail for the long haul, but I'm still trying to find a product that I can swap JoiWhip for that I can take with me on trips (with my job, I travel a lot). I hate checking in bags, and I can't bear to be without my beloved JoiWhip unless I find something that works as well and can be substituted for JoiWhip in this cocktail...

So, I am still experimenting to find a JoiWhip stand-in (that's travel compliant ;)), or perhaps even an alternative cocktail altogether that I'd use only when I travel. Otherwise, I think I've pretty much found my HG combo!
    2A or 3A, depending on the day...
    Always experimenting! Current go-to routine: Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Pantene Curls Conditioner, Bumble & Bumble Holding Foam, Aussie Aussome Volume Gel
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    Hey Jennifer,
    I am in the same boat with the CK. I wanted it to work SOOOO bad but no matter what i do, i cannot get good results using it alone. :crybaby:
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    Current cocktail is Robert Craig conditioner as a leave-in (just a tiny amount, so it doesn't weigh my hair down), LOOB, then JoiWhip.

I'd be perfectly happy sticking with this cocktail for the long haul, but I'm still trying to find a product that I can swap JoiWhip for that I can take with me on trips (with my job, I travel a lot). I hate checking in bags, and I can't bear to be without my beloved JoiWhip unless I find something that works as well and can be substituted for JoiWhip in this cocktail...

So, I am still experimenting to find a JoiWhip stand-in (that's travel compliant ;)), or perhaps even an alternative cocktail altogether that I'd use only when I travel. Otherwise, I think I've pretty much found my HG combo!

have you ever contacted joico and asked them to make a travel size? i have noticed that a lot of manufacturers are making these now because of travel restrictions.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    marybeth wrote:
    2poodles wrote:

i agree CK rocks. i had frizz halo from Deva products as well, until i started using CK ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]) it is the best i have used so far in controlling frizz.

check me out here using devacurl no poo and one C and CK...

closeup here...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm3.static.flickr.com%2F2401%2F1518939751_8fc5228408_o.jpg" class="Popup

Marybeth your hair looks like dynamite! Is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] CG friendly, or does it have cones or something bad in it. Need to know because I've been reading that practically everyone uses it, and I do have puffy hair. :grommit:
    unpoof wrote:
    marybeth wrote:
    2poodles wrote:

check me out here using devacurl no poo and one C and CK...

closeup here...

Marybeth your hair looks like dynamite! Is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] CG friendly, or does it have cones or something bad in it. Need to know because I've been reading that practically everyone uses it, and I do have puffy hair. :grommit:

WOW, unpoof thanks! :P According to the CHS website, frizzoff.com, they don't use cones in any of their products. Like i mentioned before, the first time I used it I didn't use enough. I decided to cover all my hair in it and comb it through, like they recommend, and since then I have been in love with this stuff. :love10:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Your welcome, but you know, your hair looked nice even before you started curly-girlin'. :queen:
    unpoof wrote:
    Your welcome, but you know, your hair looked nice even before you started curly-girlin'. :queen:

i appreciate it unpoof, but curly-girlin' has made a big difference. my hair looks healthier, shinier and a lot less frizzy, and besides i really like hangin with all the curly girls. :happy2:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

unpoof wrote:

hey look we both hit 200 posts at the same time :laughing9:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Wow. I didn't think I had it in me! I like hangin' with the curly gang as well, but I think everyone is asleep now. :sleepy2:
    unpoof wrote:
    Wow. I didn't think I had it in me! I like hangin' with the curly gang as well, but I think everyone is asleep now. :sleepy2:

are you on the west coast as well? you need to post some pics so we can see your curls. :wink:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Oh no, I am on the East Coast, and it is midnight. Now I turn into a pumpkin. :laughing9: I have to go to sleep. I don't have any pics yet. Maybe some time. I've got a really good camera I don't know the first thing about using. I should be studying that instead of hair product ingredients. :laughing9: :laughing9:
    Oh, I forgot to say goodnight. Have a nice rest of the evening! :sleepy1:
    unpoof wrote:
    Oh no, I am on the East Coast, and it is midnight. Now I turn into a pumpkin. :laughing9: I have to go to sleep. I don't have any pics yet. Maybe some time. I've got a really good camera I don't know the first thing about using. I should be studying that instead of hair product ingredients. :laughing9: :laughing9:

you are right, you should be studying the manual that came with your camera so we can see some pics of your hair, now get to it! :laughing9:

night night :sleepy2: sweet dreams...

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

I went back to my products I was using and have fabulous curls today! I couldn't deal with another frizzy day. I think I just need to use less AWG. I do like the Deva products (and I seem to have lost less hair yesterday) so I will do some experimenting.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    pinksugar wrote:
    I went back to my products I was using and have fabulous curls today! I couldn't deal with another frizzy day. I think I just need to use less AWG. I do like the Deva products (and I seem to have lost less hair yesterday) so I will do some experimenting.

Thanks for the suggestions.

GREAT! :cheers:

Are you still going to try CK? What is AWG?

MB

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

AWG = Abba Weightless Gel

Yes, I am going to order CK. But since I don't have it now I went back to AWG. I really like this gel but it does have a lot of protein in it. My hair has been looking so dry so I think I might try LowPoo and OneC. I read the ingredients on my current poo (contains wheat protein) and my leave-in (contains wheat protein (which I already knew)). So the only products I use that don't contain protein are [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] and SIF. Maybe if I switch to Deva poo and condish the dryness will subside.

On a side note, I really love Joico's K-Pak deep treatment if you are ever looking for one.