Curling Custard vs. Curly Pudding

LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
I want to buy one but I don't know which one. Curling Custard by Kinky-Curly looks good and will cost me $32.00 including shipping. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] by Miss Jessie will cost me $38.00 including shipping. Which one is better? I see great reviews for the KC but then I see the B and A pics on the Curve website so I'm so undecided. Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA :roll:
Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son

Comments

• PottervillePotterville Posts: 137Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like Curling Custard as a leave in better...my curls are thinner when used as a styler. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] clumps my curls better and is my back up styler...when all else fails, I know that CP will save me.

ETA - Let me clarify, I LOVE Curling Custard as a leave in :wink:
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

http://potterville.wordpress.com/
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Lip Glass-

I'm curious to see if you will like the Custard. As I've posted endlessly, it really did not work in my hair at all. I got greasiness and poofiness and was unhappy. If I were slicking my hair back into a bun, I think that it would work well for that purpose. But I like to wear my hair down a lot, so it just did not do well on my hair.

I've never tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink], in part because it seems so very heavy...

Definitely post your results when you try out these products...
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    Either one I will definitely follow up with pics! My hair loves creamy and moussey things so I think I'm going to go with the Pudding. I'm still undecided. Since I've been back home, this weekend I've spent almost $70 on hair stuff. Half of that at Target just 15 minutes ago!!!
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Either one I will definitely follow up with pics! My hair loves creamy and moussey things so I think I'm going to go with the Pudding. I'm still undecided. Since I've been back home, this weekend I've spent almost $70 on hair stuff. Half of that at Target just 15 minutes ago!!!

Good Choice! I love CP. I use it on special occasion, like when I am performing because I need perfect hair in front of an audience. :)
    I tried the Curly Custard and really hated. It made my hair look stringy, greasy and dirty. I had to run home after work and take a shower. I really didn't like the consistency. I kept making a face when applying it. It looks gross!

I won't give up on the line. I know that Curltopia really liked the Jojoba Jelly, but I think the product was temporarily discontinued for now. Hopefully, it'll be back on the market because I would love to try it in the future.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • mom_is_queenmom_is_queen Posts: 63Registered Users
    I want to buy one but I don't know which one. Curling Custard by Kinky-Curly looks good and will cost me $32.00 including shipping. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] by Miss Jessie will cost me $38.00 including shipping. Which one is better? I see great reviews for the KC but then I see the B and A pics on the Curve website so I'm so undecided. Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA :roll:

I have never used the Curling Custard. I have used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] once, it was ok, I will use it again in the future when my hair is a little longer. Also remember that in some of those B and A pics, they used a silkener.
    1 year Napptural 17Oct05
    Happy to be Nappy Qhemet Junkie :)
    password=chillaxin
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Hey LGH, I ordered the Curling Custard. I haven't received it yet, and the shipping cost hurt my feelings but the reviews seemed really good about Kinky-Curly products so I will give it a try.

I plan to try the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] too, but I will wait until my annual visit to NYC to pick that up.

I'll be sure to post a product review and pics when I use it.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kc curling custard[/buylink]. I must say - like Potterville - that it moisturizes my hair like nothing I have ever tried. It is really good that way. I use it as a leave in conditioner also. But, it gives me skinny curls which I don't like.
  • alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    I have had the same experiences as Potterville and MandA. I use it the same as Potterville (a quarter size amount on humid days).

CP is my tried and true. I have to use it watered down but it is great. I do not use it anymore because it was so drying and weighed my curls down but keep a jar "just in case."

I have tried both. IMO, the products do two different things and it depends on the look you want and your curl size and texture.

However, if you want to go on scent alone get the CP. It smells good. If you want to go on moisture alone get the CC (but do not use too much).
    We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Cehua wrote:
    I have had the same experiences as Potterville and MandA. I use it the same as Potterville (a quarter size amount on humid days).

CP is my tried and true. I have to use it watered down but it is great. I do not use it anymore because it was so drying and weighed my curls down but keep a jar "just in case."

I have tried both. IMO, the products do two different things and it depends on the look you want and your curl size and texture.

However, if you want to go on scent alone get the CP. It smells good. If you want to go on moisture alone get the CC (but do not use too much).

Every time I have CP in my hair, someone comments on how great it smells. I have Curling Custard on the way so haven't tried it yet. CP due to the price and unavailability in Canada is a special occasion product for me, not one I use often.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• LeeMayhemLeeMayhem Posts: 98Registered Users

I highly suggest you go to the curlmart and buy the sample size of the curly puddings 1st, and the 8 oz size of the kinky curly custard.I cant tell how how many times i've blown major bucks getting the full size version of products i've never used before only to find that I either didnt like it or it didnt work for me.
    I have 3c hair as well and Ive tried both of the products your interested in.I know each persons hair is different, but I just wanted to add that miss jessies stylers were drying on my hair and also left my hair feeling a little stiff. Im a faithful user of kinky curly. I use the Knot Today,Custard,Gloss Pomade,and the Midnight Miracle.I love that kinky curly is nurishing for the hair with natural quality ingredients,and its also cruelty free.
    3c Hair
    Wash:Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse
    Condition/Leave In:Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styler:Kinky Curly Custard
    Moisture/Shine:Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
    Deep Treatment:Kinky Curly Midnight Miracle
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    this thread is 5 yrs old. lipglasshoney doesnt post anymore. i wonder how her and her hair are doing though...
  • JustSimplyTishJustSimplyTish Posts: 94Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    this thread is 5 yrs old. lipglasshoney doesnt post anymore. i wonder how her and her hair are doing though...

I am so glad I read your post ...I was all ready to respond
    BC: Jan 1, 2010
    Hair Type: Curly (who knows), Color Treated
    Shampoo:None
    Conditioner: TJ Nourish Spa, Suave Tropical Coconut
    DC: HV Vatika Frosting, TJ Nourish Spa, Joico K-Pak
    Leave In: KCNT, KBB Milk, KBB Nectar
    Moisturizer: KBB Milk, QBRC
    Sealant: HV Cocasta Oil
    Stylers: AV Whipped Gelly, HV Whipped Gelly, UFD Butter
  • LeeMayhemLeeMayhem Posts: 98Registered Users
    I really didnt notice,lol. I was all to gunned and ready to help out.I'll be more observant next time, i hope all is well with her.
    3c Hair
    Wash:Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse
    Condition/Leave In:Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styler:Kinky Curly Custard
    Moisture/Shine:Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
    Deep Treatment:Kinky Curly Midnight Miracle
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i've done it before too. it's even worse when i reply to a post that i already replyed to 3 or 4 yrs earlier!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file