kms curling balm? your thougths

Marcy82Marcy82 Registered Users Posts: 4
just bought this as it is time to have a high humidity back up plan for the hot summer. would you suggest a lighter gel with hold to pair with it as it has no hold? what gel has no cones in it ?

thanks.
2b shoulder length hair
Currently using and loving: Suave coconut condish, and Joico ICE whip, aquage healing condish

Low poo

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,478 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Marcy,

I used the curling balm back when I had a perm and didn't know I had naturally wavy/curly hair :oops: , but I honestly can't remember how I liked it. I didn't know about this site either, so I didn't know what I was looking for.

As for gels, you might want to try:

Herbal Essence Humidity Defying Gel
    ABBA Weightless Gel
    Aura Hypo-allergenic Gel (at Sally's)
    Aussie's Tizz No Frizz
    Aussie's Gel+Water Gel
    Batia & Aleeza Gel

All those are cone-free and seem to be the current favorites.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • kimmyckimmyc Registered Users Posts: 551
    I've only tried this a few times and got alot of frizz with it. I get frizz with alot of creams though. I don't think most of the gels Lavendercurls listed have cones, I haven't used all of them though.

I like B&A gel, Abba Weightless, Suave Biolage Gelee knockoff, HE humidity defying, Angell and Nexxuss POTAR for gels myself. :)
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • kjwavykjwavy Registered Users Posts: 362
    Hi Marcy :D I've only tried the KMS curling balm once, but it was very heavy on my hair & weighed it down a lot :( I don't have a very strong wave/curl to begin with, & this seemed to really loosen it :cry:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file