Robert Craig - bought color, need support

botticellicurlygirlbotticellicurlygirl Posts: 168Registered Users
All this talk got me excited to buy my own color from Robert Craig. I've wanted the conditioner for the longest time, and since I was ordering that, I figured why not go back to the red I loved and order some color too.

Subarbanbushbabe, I always trust your advice. I have never colored my hair at home, but I was strawberry blonde for a while and miss it. But I hated going to get it done once a month at the salon with my busy schedule, so I e-mailed Karin at Robert Craig for advice. She is fantastic! Anyone contemplating using their products should definitely give it a try. I e-mailed her at 9 on Sunday night and she e-mailed me with suggestions within 15 minutes!

She told me to get back to the color I had to use 3/4 #15 Golden Beige Blonde and 1/4 #13 Coppery Golden Blonde.

Has anyone taken their color in to the salon to have their stylist do it for them the first time? That way if it isn't the color I want, I can have it fixed right away.

Any advice for a first timer? I'm nervous just thinking about it. Just a note: my hair has a lot of highlights in it, and I did mention that to Karin when asking for suggestions.
Fine, blonde 3a botticelli curls

Comments

• nancylp73nancylp73 Posts: 35Registered Users
    I colored my hair with Robert Craig color for the first time this week. I have colored my hair at home before, but in the past I used Natural Instincts.

Just wanted to give you some encouragement, I was very pleased with my results! Curlilocks on here told me to go a choose a color that is a couple of shades lighter than my "real" color, and I am glad that I did.

My real hair color is a medium to dark brown with some greys coming in. I chose "Light Chestnut" which appears very light on the swatches page, but actually matched my real shade perfectly when I colored.

Good luck! As long as you follow the directions sheet, it should come out fine!
    3B Curls, inverted bob haircut.
    Suave co-wash, B2B pom CO, gel brand varies.
    Apply gel, clip hair off forehead with claw clip, and air dry.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Karin gave me excellent advice too; I was having problems with the color stripping after only a few days; no more. I'm glad the RC is working. And they do run dark if you have any sort of pigment on your hair, since they are deposit only.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, Karin is wonderful! Very helpful and prompt. :) Great customer service at RC.

I have been using #15 and #8 and it blends my grays and covers them well. The colors do comeout darker. That color combination sounds nice for you. :)

I took my color to a stylist once, but she charged me the same price anyway. Most stylists will not apply color that they do not sell, they are not familiar with it, and I think there's a legal reason too. As far as a stylist fixing it, if it comes out too light and doesn't cover, they can color over it. If it comes out too dark, they will need to use something like ColorFix to remove or lighten it.

As long as you do a strand test on virgin, lightened and colored hair, you'll be fine! That's the best tip I can give you -- strand test! :D And be sure to write down the time it took to get your perfect color. Good luck!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    nancylp73 wrote:
    I colored my hair with Robert Craig color for the first time this week. I have colored my hair at home before, but in the past I used Natural Instincts.

Just wanted to give you some encouragement, I was very pleased with my results! Curlilocks on here told me to go a choose a color that is a couple of shades lighter than my "real" color, and I am glad that I did.

My real hair color is a medium to dark brown with some greys coming in. I chose "Light Chestnut" which appears very light on the swatches page, but actually matched my real shade perfectly when I colored.

Wow, you got it and did it already! I was watching your other thread for an update but I thought it might be a while. I'm so glad the color worked out so perfectly for you too. :) Yay! Glad I could help.
  • nancylp73nancylp73 Posts: 35Registered Users
    Thanks again for your help, Curlilocks! Robert Craig has super fast service. They sent me a shipment confirmation email about one hour after I had placed my order!
    3B Curls, inverted bob haircut.
    Suave co-wash, B2B pom CO, gel brand varies.
    Apply gel, clip hair off forehead with claw clip, and air dry.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    She told me to get back to the color I had to use 3/4 #15 Golden Beige Blonde and 1/4 #13 Coppery Golden Blonde.

I'm wondering how your color came out. I ordered the pale blonde #20 and the Coppery Golden Blonde #13 trying to get Amber #17 -which has been discontinued. The website said to mix 3/4 #13 with 1/4 #20 --but I got scared and thought that might go too dark, so I went for 1/2 and 1/2. My results were RONALD MCDONALD RED!!! Fortunately, it was just on the test strand.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • botticellicurlygirlbotticellicurlygirl Posts: 168Registered Users

I'm wondering how your color came out. I ordered the pale blonde #20 and the Coppery Golden Blonde #13 trying to get Amber #17 -which has been discontinued. The website said to mix 3/4 #13 with 1/4 #20 --but I got scared and thought that might go too dark, so I went for 1/2 and 1/2. My results were RONALD MCDONALD RED!!! Fortunately, it was just on the test strand. I won't be using RC anymore. That was $26.00 down the drain. I'm going to stick with my L'Oreal Colorgem Demi-Perm from Sally's.

KurlyKarenLee, I haven't gotten my color yet. I am so nervous, that I doubt I'll ever get the nerve to do it. I am so afraid of messing it up. I truly loved the strawberry I had, but I'm afraid I was also one of the few. As I was waiting for the color to arrive, I've had several people tell me that the prefer me blonde, the same boring I've been forever. I'll miss the strawberry, but no one else seemed to like it. Mid-winter, I may be willing to take more of a risk when it's blah outside and I need a pick-me-up.
    Fine, blonde 3a botticelli curls

Be careful with the #13, KKL had a bad strand test result. I think the RC reds grab on curly hair.
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,029Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurliLocks wrote:

Be careful with the #13, KKL had a bad strand test result. I think the RC reds grab on curly hair.

i'd stay away from the reds for sure. i think the #18 golden blonde is a winner, not too light, not too dark, rich bright color, makes my hair a warm light brown with some gold in it. just like it used to be back in the old days...
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file