CurlTalk

Sunday..question about twisting

Not to guano the thread about long hair bobs any further, can you explain a little more about the way you twist? I used to make big curls like that way back in the day in my ponytail but not all over and I don't remember how I did it. Do you have a particular technique?
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Not Sunday, but when I feel like it I do some "wet-setting" twirling in the back to define those curls a bit. Basically I just apply my products like usual, then grab the naturally-formed "chunks" or ringlets with my fingers and twirl. I do it to a bunch of the ringlets.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I can get it to do it in small curls but Sunday has bigger, chunkier ringlets and for some reason I can't seem to get my hair to do that. There is also a picture of a girl on the main page that looks like her hair is twisted but I am wondering if that was enhanced with a curling iron.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    I do have a technique that I pretty much have down to a science because I've been doing this to my hair probably since the seventh grade!

So when I'm done in the shower, I flip my head upside down and apply [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] and gel (lately angell) and scrunch my hair w/ a towel until it isn't dripping anymore (but still wet). Then I flip my head back and shake out my hair a bit. Then I start around the front and will take a chunk of hair (probably about 1/2 inch - 1 inch in size) and finger comb that area so that it is smooth. Then I will wrap it around my finger (like you would wrap hair around a curling hair). When I remove my finger, the hair is still in the curl position. I do this mostly around the top and front of my hair. Then I let my hair air dry until it is crispy from the gel. I think the drying part is key because it sets the shape of the curl. Then I diffuse for a few minutes until my hair is dry and I have no crunch. If the chunks of curls are too big, I separate them a bit. For a touch up or second day hair, I can use either a bit of water or GF sleek and shine and retwist.

I hope that makes sense. I'll try to take pics of the process tonight.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
    That definitely helps. I think I am just not sectioning out correctly and I wasn't finger combing. I will play around with that some more. Pictures would be awesome! You have such cute hair.
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    Thanks. You have cute hair too. I love the color.

I posted pics from last night. I couldn't get a picture of the actual twisting part (without dropping the camera) but I think you'll get the idea.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
    Thanks! I definitely got it from the pictures. I will have to play around with it some more.