CurlTalk

MOP Leave-in Conditioner

LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
I have never seen this product mentioned on here and if I find out someone has been holding out on me, it is on!

I have been away for a few weeks so yesterday I picked up some packages from the PO. I used this stuff yesterday and my hair dried into beautiful ripples, waves and coils everywhere. I am so happy about this product because I NEVER EVER buy a leave in. I just use regular conditioner. I had tried the Boots Curling Creme but it did nothing for my hair. I love this stuff! sigh Just thought I would share my joy!
Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son

Comments

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I have never seen this product mentioned on here and if I find out someone has been holding out on me, it is on!

I have been away for a few weeks so yesterday I picked up some packages from the PO. I used this stuff yesterday and my hair dried into beautiful ripples, waves and coils everywhere. I am so happy about this product because I NEVER EVER buy a leave in. I just use regular conditioner. I had tried the Boots Curling Creme but it did nothing for my hair. I love this stuff! sigh Just thought I would share my joy!

Hello LipGlassHoney!

Glad you are back! I've heard of this MOP conditioner before but, don't know where to buy it. Where did you pick up yours? Is is a drug store brand?
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    I bought it from monsterhair.com. MOP stands for Modern Organic Products.
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I bought it from monsterhair.com. MOP stands for Modern Organic Products.

Oh, ok. Thanks so much! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • pixelpixel Posts: 43Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Yes, this is one of my favorite leave-ins (although i am currently experimenting with others). Its very moisturizing and detangling, plus it contains sunscreen, which is a must for me! Also, a little goes a long way and it smells great!

I get mine at Ulta, but today I stumbled across some MOP products at Target! I didnt check to see if they carried the leave-in, but wouldnt that be wonderful?!!
    Very fine 3c with a little 4a sprinkled in at the crown to make things interesting!
  • urbancurlurbancurl Posts: 980Registered Users
    I use MOP leave-in sometimes too. I get it at Whole Foods or Whole Body.

While we're on the subject of lesser-mentioned products, i also highly recommend another leave-in that I get from Whole Body/Foods-- Alba leave-in condtioner. It is also rich like MOP and even a little cheaper. In my avatar pic, I think I had used Alba.
    "It is wrong to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." MLK, Jr.

Password= urban
    urbancurl wrote:
    I use MOP leave-in sometimes too. I get it at Whole Foods or Whole Body.

While we're on the subject of lesser-mentioned products, i also highly recommend another leave-in that I get from Whole Body/Foods-- Alba leave-in condtioner. It is also rich like MOP and even a little cheaper. In my avatar pic, I think I had used Alba.
    Oh cool, cheaper is always a good thing. I may have to check that out. I'm going to look for MOP leave in at Target too. We get a 10% Target discount ( I know it's not much)83.gif You guys always find ways of keeping the PJ monster in me alive!!! I've been out of town for a while so I'm anxious to buy some new things!!!
  • dandelionwinedandelionwine Posts: 48Registered Users
    Picking up some MOP tonight! Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks!
    Kinky 3C corkscrews with 4A patches.

HG Products:
    MOP Leave-In Conditioner (This is my new all time favorite.)
    S Curl Texturizer Gel
    Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Lipglass-

Cupcake has a post on the main hair board raving about the use of MOP Leave-in with Herbal Essences Humidity defying gel over top. She thinks it is heaven for 3cs...... I am very curious to try it with all of the great recommendations :D
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
    Just left Target and they didn't have any MOP products so I guess I will have to keep ordering it off the net. My DH said he thinks it will look even better once my hair is longer. First time he has mentioned me growing it out since he LOVES short hair. I knew he would come around to seeing it my way... lol
  • EnricaEnrica Posts: 86Registered Users
    I was looking for some things to put in my cart at drugstore.com for the $25 free shipping deal, and I noticed they had it over there as well. FYI ladies, and I guess the PJ addict in me thx you as well. :twisted:
    3c representative of a 2c-4a curly clan.
    Keeping it simple, natural & sulfate free. Fan of pure oils, butters & glycerin to moisturize.
    Grrrrr. Drugstore.com doesn't have the leave in. At least I couldn't find it.
    It's there (on Drugstore). But my Target was sold out! Just got back. The large Targets carry it in their Salon/Professional hair products aisle.

Bought Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm instead . . .

HG Products:
    S Curl Texturizer Gel
  • EnricaEnrica Posts: 86Registered Users
    Grrrrr. Drugstore.com doesn't have the leave in. At least I couldn't find it.

Over here. ;)
    3c representative of a 2c-4a curly clan.
    Keeping it simple, natural & sulfate free. Fan of pure oils, butters & glycerin to moisturize.
    I looked for 5 minutes and even did a search. Thanks guys!!! :grouphug:grouphug.gif
  • vivasmomvivasmom Posts: 312Registered Users
    Which MOP conditioner is it specifically? I saw a whole bunch of different MOP condishes at store and wasn't sure which one. Tried 2 new ones today, neither was that great, ENJOY Hair Mask and IDEN hair mask. Not enough slip for my girl.
    Barely wavy mommy to a fine, silky with thready corkscrew 4 1/2yr old girl. HG's Moisture Maniac, PM The Conditioner, Cactus leave-in (original formula)"Mommy I want to look like a lion!" = hair loose and flowin'.
    vivasmom wrote:
    Which MOP conditioner is it specifically? I saw a whole bunch of different MOP condishes at store and wasn't sure which one. Tried 2 new ones today, neither was that great, ENJOY Hair Mask and IDEN hair mask. Not enough slip for my girl.

It's just called "[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/MOP-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-929.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=MOP-Leave-In-Conditioner]MOP Leave-In Conditioner[/buylink]." It's in a whitish clearish plastic bottle. I think it's the only one actually labelled "leave-in" except for maybe something in their Vitamin C line, and all those bottles are orange.

Password= urban
    I tried this today, layered under some S Curl gel and a dab of honey. Got PERFECT ringlets.

My only concern is that it turned my hair whitish at first . . .
    I'll try using a bit less tomorrow.

HG Products:
    S Curl Texturizer Gel
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    I thought it was just me. It turns my hair a little whitish also, I put a little less in my hand and added as needed.
    Okay, so I am on my third day of using this and I think this could be an HG product for me if I can figure out how to prevent the white effect.

Right now I am applying it after a co-wash with Suave, and following up with S Curl Gel with honey. Then I am essentially rinsing it out again, to get rid of the whiteness. Maybe I 'll try skipping the co-wash . . .?

What is your routine?

In any case, my hair has NEVER looked this nice. Not even close. I am a new woman baby! Thanks!

HG Products:
    S Curl Texturizer Gel
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    I changed my routine up some. I started using a different gel. I now co wash about every other day. Then I apply the leave in, ck, then my gel.
    Okay, so I am on my third day of using this and I think this could be an HG product for me if I can figure out how to prevent the white effect.

Right now I am applying it after a co-wash with Suave, and following up with S Curl Gel with honey. Then I am essentially rinsing it out again, to get rid of the whiteness. Maybe I 'll try skipping the co-wash . . .?

What is your routine?

In any case, my hair has NEVER looked this nice. Not even close. I am a new woman baby! Thanks!

I have a problem of whiteness too when I add honey, with MOP and with Elucence too. I think it just might take longer for the condish to dissolve bc/of the honey? I just blot with a towel, rather than rinse, until I don't see the white.

Password= urban
    Are people still using MOP and loving it :?: Inquiring, PJ minds need to know :twisted:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

• eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Curltopia wrote:
    Are people still using MOP and loving it :?: Inquiring, PJ minds need to know :twisted:

I still love it. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
    I still love it. :)

Thanks, Shyygirl!!

I still use it sometimes too. It's great, except if I use too much my hair looks dull and feels a bit sticky. The amount I used to use is too much for my hair now. I don't think the product changed, so I guess my hair did. It has a lovely, mild smell too!

Password= urban
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Yes Ma'am I just bought I new tube of it this weekend. I purchased ISO Bouncy Creme instead of the MOP and I poiltely carried it back to Ulta and exchanged it for my beloved MOP. I used it this morning and my hair looks great!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Posts: 288Registered Users
    Do they sell this on Curlmart?
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
    Curlilocs-

Your hair is so much longer now, after your BC, and looks really great in your avatar picture :D So pretty!

Urban-

Great, helpful review, like always. I'll use a light hand when I try this...

Bubbles-

It's not in curlmart right now, but maybe should be .... :twisted: :wink:

• CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Curltopia wrote:
    Curlilocs-

Your hair is so much longer now, after your BC, and looks really great in your avatar picture :D So pretty!

Awww thanks!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz