CurlTalk

Spin Off: Post pictures of 3c hair

alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
I love to look at other people's hair for styling suggestions and inspiration. So, if you have a 3c celebrity or NC.com poster picture post it here. :D

Here are instructions if you need them (courtesy of Amneris, CurliTresses, and Cehua ):

Right click on the image and an address will pop up. Then click on "properties" after you right click the image. Copy and paste the url into your post.

Or if you do a Google image search then click on "view image" and cut and paste the url.

After pasting url into your NC.com post, highlight address and then click on Img. It should look like this but without the spaces between the url and img:

[img][/img]/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wchstv.com%2Fabc%2Fwnn%2Falisonstewart.jpg" class="Popup

Check to make sure the image shows up by clicking on "preview."

Let the picture posting begin. :P
We're all born mad. Some remain so.

br-flag1.gif

Comments

• alguma pessoaalguma pessoa Posts: 619Registered Users
    Before and after of Alison Stewart (MSNBC News Co-Anchor)

Before:

alisonstewart.jpg

After:

stewart.jpg

br-flag1.gif
    Nancy Randall:
    nancyrandallpic.jpg

Gloria Reuben
    gloriareuben_012.jpg

Holly Robinson:
    14.jpg

Valéria Valenssa
    bcabelo10.jpg

75800_cp.jpg

Thiago Fragoso (I think he is a 3c :lol:)
    estilo_01.jpg

Modelo (is this a 3c)
    DSCN0304.JPG

br-flag1.gif
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    who is your avatar?!?!?!?!!? when will we see YOUR hair pics???
    subbrock wrote:
    who is your avatar?!?!?!?!!? when will we see YOUR hair pics???

I posted my pictures but I am going to post some more pictures of styled hair later this week.

The avatar is my sister during a trip to Brasil (she does not know that I have it as my avatar....actually she probably does not know what an avatar is so I am safe for now.) 8)

br-flag1.gif
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Cehua -

Some of those pictures are so beautiful!!!! Wow!

And the avatar picture of your sister is totally cute :D At first, I thought it was you.... :P I see that the great curls run in the family.....
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • PottervillePotterville Posts: 137Registered Users
    Great pictures! My hair is very simular to Nancy's!!!

Joy Denalane - Love her music, even though I don't speak German :lol: and she reminds me that my hair can be big and fluffy and still be beautiful.

JoyDenalane-06.jpg

IMG_5567s.jpg
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpotterville.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    Curltopia wrote:
    Cehua -

Some of those pictures are so beautiful!!!! Wow!

And the avatar picture of your sister is totally cute :D At first, I thought it was you.... :P I see that the great curls run in the family.....

Hey, which pictures are not beautiful? Thiago Fragoso perhaps? :lol:

I am not a fan of Holly's hair like the one I posted but I think that is how it looks when it is "not done." So I posted that picture instead of her glamour shots. Sort of for inspiration for curlies who are still working on their routine. I should post her after pictures too. But hey, is her hair on a straw set or texturizer. I read about the straw set but since it looks so natural I was not sure if the magazine was wrong (some hair magazine I was reading in the supermarket).

Yep, that is my older sister (the one with the baby). She does not wear her hair curly usually. Actually it is relaxed now I think. This picture is a few years old. She loves straight hair. I wish I had her hair. Her hair is thick and she has big curls (3b?) that can take stress and not get damage. :roll:

I on the other hand have fragile curls. Oh well......

I have to ask her if it is all right to use her picture. I thought it would be fun but now I am thinking she may not like it. I would not want my picture there.....but then again I do not have beautiful hair like she has. :o

br-flag1.gif
    Great pictures! My hair is very simular to Nancy's!!!

Joy Denalane - Love her music, even though I don't speak German :lol: and she reminds me that my hair can be big and fluffy and still be beautiful.

Joy Denalane is so beautiful and I love her hair. Great post Potterville!

You are right you have hair similar to Nancy's. I am totally envious. :D

br-flag1.gif
    Cehua wrote:
    Joy Denalane is so beautiful and I love her hair. Great post Potterville!

You are right you have hair similar to Nancy's. I am totally envious. :D

I'm envious of your hair, love love love the curls!

Gina Torres - beautiful hair and color!!

99gina1c-7.jpg

nebula01.jpg
    VERY THICK 3c/3b -Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap to Shampoo or Elucence Cond. daily/dt, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In to style.

• CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    IMG_5567s.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful heads of hair I've ever seen!
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    LOVE IT ladies - awesome pictures!!! :D

Cehua -

You AND your sister have fab curls... Come on, now, how much hair praise is it going to take before you start to believe :wink: :P But I sort of understand since I think that my sisters have the most gorgeous hair ever and mine is good looking and versatile but not a knock out.. Anyway, they envy my hair! So, it must be a sibling/grass is greener thing...
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • MMWMMW Posts: 557Registered Users
    Miri Ben-Ari

52188976.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE3CD9B8550AEAEDDC7558AD989B492C52621B2AC3A62513D3

1437247.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DECA45CFBA5A362B371A5E78E61C1FB2BC
  • hannanhannan Posts: 37Registered Users
    wow all these pics are soooooo nice
    i love gloria reuben's hair like that (so cute)
    i would love for my hair to look like that
    sigh
    does it seem as if it is a different texture than when she used to be on ER?

thank you guys for finding and posting these pics
    Danielle and Melanie Brown

_760194_mel_danielle_b300.jpg

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I am seeing so many potential hair twins in these pics! when I have a moment, I will post some more....
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Rachel True

048_racheltrue2_upntcaparty.jpg

hpra1.jpg

7192_008.jpg

Rachel True

048_racheltrue2_upntcaparty.jpg

hpra1.jpg

7192_008.jpg

my sister swears she has a texturizer, does anyone know anything about this (because id love to prove her wrong)?
    subbrock wrote:
    my sister swears she has a texturizer, does anyone know anything about this (because id love to prove her wrong)?

I am not sure but I saw her on the Cosby show many years ago (she was at Theo's high school or something) and her hair looked exactly the same. So, I do not think she has a texturizer. Anyone else know?

I think Alison Stewart and Tracee Ellis Ross have texturizers because their curls look looser than they did before.

Someone said that Holly Robinson has a texturizer or a straw set. Anyone know about that?

To me it does not matter. It is their hair and if having a little chemical makes them feel more comfortable about their curls then fine.

This may not be the best choice for me but I am not going to be a chemical nazi and say their hair is less beautiful because it is texturized (not that anyone here says that but I have heard people IRL get snotty when they see celebrities alter their hair texture).

People color their hair so why cannot people texturize.

ETA: Potterville you are posting some great pictures! I love the Danielle and Melanie Brown picture. They have beautiful hair.

br-flag1.gif
    i think holly robinson peete does a little bit of both. because sometimes her curls look so perfect, it has to be a straw set. but in the pic thats posted above, it looks more like a texturizer.

i dont know what alison stewart did to her hair since she was on mtv, but it fits her job now. i kinda like her bigger hair/tighter curls better, but it looks way healthier now.

yeah i hate when people get all bent out of shape about what other people use on their hair, hence why i can only handle nappturality in small doses.

all these curl pics look so good!
    Thandie Newton
    name_thandie_newton_1.jpg

br-flag1.gif
    Michelle Hurd

2589252.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DEB126908BEF30A264EDAC94111D5099D5
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Posts: 288Registered Users
    Hey subbrock, I feel you about nappturality! I love the board, but they won't even talk about heat styling! Except to say don't do it. And don't get me started on their aversity to hair types :roll: . I don't really think that's fair, since I'm pretty sure at least half the board uses some form of heat on their hair. I don't use heat now except to deep condition, but I would like to wear my hair straight once in a while for a change or to check on my growth progress when I get a trim. But, I still love nappturality, because that's where I cut my teeth when it came to learning about transitioning. And many members there are quite helpful.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
    Amel Larrieux
    amel_photo4_artists.jpg

amel.jpg

Alana Davis
    ad.jpg

AlanaDavis_3_full_body.jpg

Nicole Ricca
    anrcopy.jpg

aaanr.jpg

br-flag1.gif
  • cookie5cookie5 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Lisa Marcos2fd9.jpg?ph5IGwCBMe0Sjv7.

Joy Denalaneb4ee.jpg?ph5IGwCB3m2afwss

Amel Larrieuxf406.jpg?ph5IGwCBOdJC7MdJ

Rae Dawn Chong38bc.jpg?ph5IGwCBXd4YNuRR

Nancy Randall3065.jpg?ph6IGwCBVonM0PR2
    Hairtype- 3b/c
    BC- December 18, 2004
    Length- About 6-6.5 inches (stretched)
    Monthly Goal- 1/2- 1 inch
    Ultimate Goal- 25 inches(stretched), Healthy
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.picturetrail.com%2Fgallery%2Fview%3Fusername%3Datl_mulattamami" class="Popup
    Check out my album! :)
    i love the pic of alana davis with short hair, she looks so cute
    KELIS.jpg

kelis.jpg
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    subbrock wrote:
    yeah i hate when people get all bent out of shape about what other people use on their hair, hence why i can only handle nappturality in small doses.

I hear ya.
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered
    Sydney Tamiia Poitier

sidney_poitier13.jpg

sydneypoitier.jpg
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Do y'all consider all these pictures 3c, or are some 3b/c and some even 3b? Some of these definitely look like my hair and some are looser, so either I am a full 3c, or some of these pictures aren't. My personal opinion is that these are all pictures of MIXED (with A-A and other) hair, but the types are very different.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote:
    Do y'all consider all these pictures 3c, or are some 3b/c and some even 3b? Some of these definitely look like my hair and some are looser, so either I am a full 3c, or some of these pictures aren't. My personal opinion is that these are all pictures of MIXED (with A-A and other) hair, but the types are very different.

Going by curl size only, I think the ones I posted are 3cs. I think of 3c curls medium to tight. In other words, 3c is not as big/loose as sidewalk chalk and not as small as a coffee stirrer is.

Your hair and some of the pictures I posted were more medium curl sizes. When I think of a "true" 3b I think of Alex Kingston or Buterflyprincess. Anything smaller is a 3b.5 or 3c.

Other curlies posted here look like 3c but are styled or altered to have fatter curls more 3b type curls but I think naturally they are 3cs (e.g., Kellis).

That’s my opinion.

Which ones do not look like 3c to you?

br-flag1.gif