Hair color advice

elliemeenkelliemeenk Posts: 62Registered Users
I want to grow my wavy hair out while I'm doing CG but I want to go for Jennifer Aniston's color (dark blonde with high lights). I have colored to light ash brown. What brand and color would you recommend?

I'm kind of thinking I should leave the base light brown and high light...

Comments

• cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I took a look at your pix, and starting from where you are right now, what you want is best done professionally, even though you're within striking distance, so to speak! Keep in that JA has likely paid big $$ for her highlighting job. Go to someone who is a good colorist to consult about this first, and go from there. Good luck.
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • elliemeenkelliemeenk Posts: 62Registered Users
    I think you are right! Either I should go to someone and have them lighten me up or maybe I should try for something more like Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Her hair color is amazing and way closer to my hair which is really medium brown if I don't lighten it.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You might get some ideas here: http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=celebs

You can use RC's Highlighting kit to bleach highlights, then use Color by Robert Craig to tone them. Or you can use one of his gorgeous browns to go back to your natural color, like Julia's. But always be sure to choose a color a few shades lighter than you think you want, as previously colored hair grabs color more quickly.

Color info here: http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=haircolor
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    Thank you for the ideas and links. Why do you mix RC color with water? Does it work? In the past I have used Loreal but my hair is really dry.

Ellie
    You can click the links on the page I linked above for more info. Here's one: http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=aboutcolor

It only needs water to activate the color, not a peroxide solution like others. This color is gentle and will not dry out your hair. And it will not get brassy as it fades. :)
    Which color would your recommend? I'm still unsure if I should be dark blonde or brown.

Ellie
    elliemeenk wrote:
    Which color would your recommend? I'm still unsure if I should be dark blonde or brown.

Ellie

What color would you like to be? RC Color will not lift natural or dye color, so you can't use it to go lighter. You can (and should) use a lighter color than your natural color because they tend to get darker on curly hair. But it won't make your hair lighter. If you want anything lighter than your natural color, this won't work for you, as you'll get dark roots as the old color grows out.

Which of the swatches is closest to your natural haircolor?
    Swatches: http://www.merchantamerica.com/robertcraig/index.php?ba=view_category&category=2331

You can also do this great online consultation for suggested colors: http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=consultation

LMK which swatch is closest, and which color you're leaning toward, (also warm, cool or neutral) and I can suggest the actual color to buy (need to choose 2-3 shades lighter).
    PS - you have brown eyes, right? Do you have gold or red flecks in them, or are they dark chocolate, etc? Sometimes it's good to pick up on the flecks as your base for warm, cool, etc.
    You can't see it very well but I have dark blue eyes. My skin is very light but my features are dark. This is why I think I should keep my hair fairly dark. I wish I was dark blonde but I think I would look bad...

Ellie
    Did you try RC's consultation in the link above? LMK what it says. It includes which colors look best on you, eye color, etc to help choose complimentary hair colors. Then we can go from there. But I do like your hair in your avatar. :)
    Thank you!

I am going to try their advice and see if they say I should go for a new color.

Ellie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file