Never Let Me Go (Kazuo Ishiguro)

UsodaUsoda Posts: 918Registered Users
Anyone read this? It's a dystopian novel and that deals with cloning; I'd be interested in feedback. It was a very elegant novel and very interesting. Written by the same author of Remains of the Day, which I also recommend.

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I just finished this about a month or so ago. I thought the concept was great and downright creepy, but imo the author could have done a lot more with it. It just felt very plodding to me, and really, not a whole lot happened. Overall, I thought it was alright...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • happy-girlhappy-girl Posts: 208Registered Users
    I loved it. I thought it was really fascinating.
    Mid-back length 3a, red.
    Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I read this quite awhile ago and I really liked the story up until the end which seemed kind of lame to me. It just seemed that the author could have done a lot more with the concept. It's worth reading though.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file