CurlTalk

Is that really you???

dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
If your close friends or SO stumbled across the boards and figured out which screen name belonged to you, would they be surprised by the "you" you portray on these boards? Or, are you exactly the same in real life?

I find that I am nicer here on the boards - I've let my friends read some things I've written (and DaNa) and they're like, "that's not how you would say it to us!" I am much more blunt and no-nonsense in person. On the boards, I try to be sensitive to others feelings because you don't have the privilege :roll: of getting to know me first to know my intentions/motives/personality. So, my friends would be surprised, I think.
People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    My Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde option didn't post. I'll pm a mod and see if they can help me!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I put mostly.

I don't think I'd either be as funny or as calm in person.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    I think I'm pretty different. I find that I can't express myself here as well - my facial expressions and body language and tone of voice say a lot and I don't have that here. I'm SO sarcastic and a big smart alec in real life, but not really on the boards.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
    I am pretty much the same. I know that there are a lot of Cyber people who are not though. I am succinct in person and on the phone, I like to laugh and will stand up for someone if they are not being a dope themselves.
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm the same person.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    I'm the same person.

Ditto very close. :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I am the same me, but, I tone myself down a little. IRL, I can be sarcastic, which is okay if you can see my smile. But, since you can't portray the tone of voice/facial expressions here I try to be a little bit more sensitive :D

Kimberly
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    My words are the same. Notice I use - dashes - alot. I do that because that is how I talk (with dashes :lol: ) little pauses to either collect my thoughts or whatever. I tend to be calmer and happier than I come across on the board.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhmiklos" class="Popup
  • MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
    I'm different in some ways. In real life, I'm always up for a debate and am very opinionated. I'm not that keen on on getting into heated debates on webboards because I prefer arguing face to face. I generally only speak up when it's one of my soapbox issues, or to correct misconceptions.

I also give advice a lot more off the boards, and I am pretty good at helping people with problems and with making decisions. I don't do that a lot here, mainly because a) someone has usually said what I would have said already and b) I prefer to talk to the person and discuss it thoroughly. If any of you do want advice or anything, feel very free to pm me.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    I'm shy and reserved until I really know someone and never say anything that would hurt somebody's feelings. So I'm quiet different there.

Mostly what I think, feel and have a passion about comes accross pretty well. I might be recognized but not by some random joe I know
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    I said sort of. IRL, I'm a hanger-outer. We typically don't debate about "issues" and stuff like that but I can't seem to dodge debates on this board, so whatever. I'm usually just having fun.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,773Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I am the same me, but, I tone myself down a little. IRL, I can be sarcastic, which is okay if you can see my smile. But, since you can't portray the tone of voice/facial expressions here I try to be a little bit more sensitive :D

Same here. I'm really sarcastic, but I soon found that that just doesn't pick up on the board. I also really like to debate issues, but lately I've found that it's like hitting your head against the wall and have given up. There are alot of topics that I just don't bother with anymore. In real life, I very rarely back down :wink:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    My board personality is real close, but I am a lot more sarcastic, and a lot more blunt in real life. If I have to deal with someone on a day to day basis, they are going to know exactly what I think when I think it. On the board I don't think it matters that much, and I don't want to piss off complete strangers with my blunt remarks.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    My board personality is pretty close to real life.

I have neither the time nor the energy to recreate myself for a message board. :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PartyHair wrote:

I have neither the time nor the energy to recreate myself for a message board. :lol:

That's because you use all your brain power trying to figure out the nuances of snoreball :roll: :wink: :lol:
    dia99 wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:

That's because you use all your brain power trying to figure out the nuances of snoreball :roll: :wink: :lol:

:shock: How DARE you?!? :fuming:fuming.gif

alsoI'mjustkidding. :D

alsoI'msorryyoucan'tunderstandbaseball. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PartyHair wrote:

Me, too, since I'll be stuck going to games for the rest of my life :cry:
    dia99 wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:

Me, too, since I'll be stuck going to games for the rest of my life :cry:

May as well try to enjoy it. Or at least tolerate it. :lol:

I hate football so much that I won't even go to games with my husband. He always finds a buddy to go with him when he goes to Houston to see a game. Talk about booorrrinnng.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    I choose the option that isnt there. Primarly for this board only. Other boards I know I can be "more myself".
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    I'm similar to my board persona. I don't have the energy to fake it. :D
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    What you see is what you get.....pretty much :twisted:
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • hnyhpshnyhps Posts: 134Registered Users
    I'm pretty much the same, but it depends on who you ask. I can be quiet or outspoken in any size group. I guess it depends on how I feel and what the situation calls for.

I've also been told, recently that when people first meet they think I'm prissy, and stuck up. So if they have that assumption they'd be surprised. I think my close family and friends would be more surprised to see me posting early in the morning, especially if I'm polite. :wink:
    3b
    Carlos and Carmen Vidal just had a child
    A lovely girl with a crooked smile
    Now they gotta split 'cause the Bronx ain't fit
    For a kid to grow up in
    Let's find a place they say, somewhere far away
  • CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Similar -
    IRL, I'm more light-hearted yet debate/call BS much more.
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    I only know how to be one person and that is myself. If I can't be true to myself, I will not say anything. However, different parts of me tend to be expressed more at one point that at others. The bottom line is that all of the parts are me. Does that make sense?
    I only know how to be one person and that is myself. If I can't be true to myself, I will not say anything. However, different parts of me tend to be expressed more at one point that at others. The bottom line is that all of the parts are me. Does that make sense?

all I heard is blah blah blah...I lose my inhibitions around GB...blah blah blah :lol: :wink:
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    GuardianB wrote:

all I heard is blah blah blah...I lose my inhibitions around GB...blah blah blah :lol: :wink:

:oops: Don't we all?
    GuardianB wrote:

No :roll: .

Just kidding, GB, you're my second-favorite (I think there's only two regulars here, right?) guy around here!
    And, just in case anyone doesn't know - I really do like and respect GB. I like poking fun at him a little more, though :D
    dia99 wrote:
    GuardianB wrote:

Just kidding, GB, you're my second-favorite (I think there's only two regulars here, right?) guy around here!

Does that put me ahead of Mouse or zmanzzzz?
    (don't answer I think I don't want to know.)
    GuardianB wrote:
    dia99 wrote:
    GuardianB wrote:

Does that put me ahead of Mouse or zmanzzzz?
    (don't answer I think I don't want to know.)

Who's Mouse? Yes, I'm serious. I've never seen a post by him that I can think of.