CurlTalk

It's official... I'm a Product Junkie

I have finally arrived at the point where I can limit my makeup/ skincare purchases, then I found this site. I've replaced one addiction with another! I have made 5 online hair related orders in the last week 1/2 to 2 weeks and I am contemplating another.

I find myself browsing the swap board and other boards looking for the next best thing! Thanks, girls! :clown:
:) Vanessa :)
CG since 9/2007
medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Comments

• roses_92123roses_92123 Posts: 118Registered Users
    Welcome to the club!!!! This website has been responsible for changing me from a make-up addict to a hair product addict!

Have fun exploring the wonderful world of product bliss! :) :)
    Rose
    BiRacial Curly Girl
    Mostly 3B...with one or two 3C ringlets!
    Currently Loving: SheaMoisture Leave-in, CK, re:coil (only 1-2x per week), Hypo Allergenic Gel. Still Looking for that HG Conditioner though....
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Good idea to start on the swap board. Samples and swaps are a much more cost-effective way to appease the PJ, speaking as someone who learned the hard way. ;)
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Oh... I've definately learned the hard way before discovering the swap board. I added up the receipts from hair related purchases, and I've spent $386 in the last week and a half!! It doesn't seem like a lot when your purchasing a few things at a time, but added up, it's rediculous! I made a pact with myself to never add receipts again! :laughing9:
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    sessac81 wrote:
    Oh... I've definately learned the hard way before discovering the swap board. I added up the receipts from hair related purchases, and I've spent $386 in the last week and a half!! It doesn't seem like a lot when your purchasing a few things at a time, but added up, it's rediculous! I made a pact with myself to never add receipts again! :laughing9:

Oh! My gosh, girl! I thought I was bad. I have spent more money on hair products in the month of September than I've ever spent in my life. I knew I had taken a turn for the worst when I started paying over $20 for a single hair product. When you spend that much on just one hair product and you order several it adds up quick. I keep telling myself that I'm just going to try one more and call it quits but then that one turns into two, then three etc. :laughing9:
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Welcome to the club. I've been pretty good for 2 weeks, but I appeased the buying gods with other products (Meow cosmetrics and some <ahem> toys<ahem> from Eden's Fantasy :santa:

I'm constantly rainchecking new products and I have a to buy list already. But the key to really enjoying being a PJ is to allow myself to use the products I have and get daily enjoyment out of them. Buying more products at this time actually causes more dissatisfaction because I would have too many to use.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    I keep telling myself that I'm just going to try one more and call it quits but then that one turns into two, then three etc.

I have said that to myself with every single purchase I have made! I am trying SO hard not to place another order, but there's ONLY two more things that I really want to try :laughing9:

My biggest problem (besides the CC bill coming in and my DH seeing it :blackeye: ) is that I dont know what to use. I have so much stuff that I am going crazy trying to think about combos to use them!
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
  • chicpowerchicpower Posts: 222Registered Users
    my problem is that i get bored. things should come in smaller bottles.
    Yeah... that true. I wish every company would have 2 oz trial bottles. That would make my wallet a lot happier!
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
  • elliemeenkelliemeenk Posts: 62Registered Users
    I think I am joining the ranks as a PJ too. I never thought my hair purchases would out spend my makeup but...