We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

L'Oreal Color Pulse - Electric Black

CottonCandyCottonCandy Posts: 125Registered Users
I got bored yesterday and decided to try to temporarily color my hair with L'Oreal Color Pulse. Its ammonia and bleach free, and its supposed to be relatively gentle on the hair. I picked out Electric Black with the intention that I'd get a deep bluish black tint going on my hair.

I think deep down I knew it probably wasn't going to work, which was why I had little hestation to use it. The color of the dye was more of a deep purple, instead of black. It was fairly easy to use, especially compared to other temp hair colors like Jazzing because the color is in a mousse consistency instead of liquid. Since my hair is relatively healthy, I don't think it was porous enough to uptake any color. My hair looks marginally darker at best, and certainly not black. On the bright side, it does feel softer and look shinier as though I had a cellophane done, which is some consolation. Its highly likely that most of the tint will be gone in a few days.

It is unlikely that I would purchase this again.
3c-like S-waves and random curls
Fine density; medium & fine strands
Naturally very dry and very frizzy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file