CurlTalk

Hair cut

susan9800susan9800 Posts: 22Registered Users
And man is it ticked off at me! After debating how much and where to get my hair cut, my "smarter" :? side decided to go with a cheaper place. Ok, the cut is fine, mostly kept the length but took out some of the bulk. The worse part is the shampoo, which I can deal with, then the "towel dry" scrub-a-thon and the combing she did after. :shock: I knew I would be paying for that for days, and I am. Stringy waves, and it just sucks. I am hoping after a few days of just co and a deep treatment I plan on doing today I will be forgiven. Also, I think I used too much recoil today and that has pulled some of the wavy-ness out and made it just look blah. Still figuring out the amount on that. Man I hope this works out before the weekend when the awful high humidity is supposed to be back. I don't know if I can take this on top of the frizz problems humidity brings.
Susan
2b color treated red hair.
Current routine: Oh honestly it changes so much I'd have to rewrite this daily!
Password: Curls

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    susan9800 wrote:
    And man is it ticked off at me! After debating how much and where to get my hair cut, my "smarter" :? side decided to go with a cheaper place. Ok, the cut is fine, mostly kept the length but took out some of the bulk. The worse part is the shampoo, which I can deal with, then the "towel dry" scrub-a-thon and the combing she did after. :shock: I knew I would be paying for that for days, and I am. Stringy waves, and it just sucks. I am hoping after a few days of just co and a deep treatment I plan on doing today I will be forgiven. Also, I think I used too much recoil today and that has pulled some of the wavy-ness out and made it just look blah. Still figuring out the amount on that. Man I hope this works out before the weekend when the awful high humidity is supposed to be back. I don't know if I can take this on top of the frizz problems humidity brings.

I am thinking about finding someone new to cut my hair. Do you recommend I ignore my "smarter" side (DH) that tells me to go cheaper and splurge? :wink: :lol:

I have never left getting my haircut without immediately yanking the scrunchie off my wrist and putting my hair up :shock:

I am sure it will get better in a few days; it just needs some TLC. :D

Kimberly
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    I just did Jessicurl DT. I thought it would be to oily for my hair, ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]too shea[/buylink] was after a few days), but I had ringlets. It soaked up over 24 hours. Check the devachan to see if any salons near you are certified. They won't comb out your hair :dance:dance.gif
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • susan9800susan9800 Posts: 22Registered Users
    Kimberly, not only should you ignore you "smarter side" you should stomp on it's foot and run. :twisted: Definately go for the splurge,your curls will thank you for it. :)

I did a DT tonight with Jessicurl and honey, maybe all will be well in wavy-ville tomorrow.
    Susan
    2b color treated red hair.
    Current routine: Oh honestly it changes so much I'd have to rewrite this daily!
    Password: Curls
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I just did Jessicurl DT. I thought it would be to oily for my hair, ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]too shea[/buylink] was after a few days), but I had ringlets. It soaked up over 24 hours. Check the devachan to see if any salons near you are certified. They won't comb out your hair :dance:dance.gif
    susan9800 wrote:
    I did a DT tonight with Jessicurl and honey, maybe all will be well in wavy-ville tomorrow.

My hair loves Jessicurl DT mixed with honey and coconut oil! I hope you guys get the results I get with this stuff :D

Kimberly