To shampoo or not

eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
For all you 2C/3A curly girls:
Do you shampoo? Or do you just CO wash? Do you use Apple Cider Vinegar (or Baking Soda) regularly in place of shampoo?
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers
Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Live Simply. Use Soap
www.TheLatheredLamb.com
www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Eagerly awaiting add'l posts, :happy1: just started CG (as of Tuesday this week).
    2b/3a.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I do modified CG - I CO every other day w/Suave Natural then use TJ nourish conditioner. I rinse most of that out and then use whatever the gel du jour is. On the alternate days I just spritz w/water to reactivate the previous day's gel and scrunch. I'll use a headband if necessary. :wink:
    Once a week or so I wash with Elucence MS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I'm modified. I co-wash or alternate with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink] (what I've been trying lately), then use a low poo about every 2 days. I use a sulfate poo about once a week or so and a clarifying shampoo approximately every 2-3 weeks. For some reason, I get build up easily even when I don't use any cones and my hair just doesn't look good unless I shampoo sometimes.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I am modified CG. I shampoo with a low poo about twice a week. Just standing in the shower is enough to revive my waves on the other days. If they are looking extra flat I will co wash. I use ACV rinse about once or twice a month along with an oil treatment. These are just averages...

It also depends on the season. My hair is much drier and straiter in the winter so it will change back again soon.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • NuttyNutty Posts: 20Registered Users
    I've been CO washing for ages, but am trying to cut down on that with some bs/acv washes in between It's taken me years of experimentation to find out what works - I guess I'm still experimenting!
    I just did two weeks of no CO, but it killed my curl.
    2C/3A
    No Poo! No Product!
    I'm on day six of no poo :cheers: did another lemon / condish rinse this am and it works wonders on my protein build up. I would love to continue the no poo routine to see if I have add'l curls lurking somewhere, fingers crossed.
    2b/3a.
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    CurlyinColorado,

Would you please be so kind as to explain how you do the lemon/condish rinse? It sounds so promising, but I didn't know if there are specific measures of lemon, I don't want to overdo it!

I have just started CO washing again this week, I have a love/hate relationship with this whole process. I will get really into the CO wash routine, then get bored and start low-pooing a few weeks later, then I crash and burn and go full out sulfate washing when I can't hold out anymore. Then it cycles back around and starts over again.
    2 teaspoons of lemon juice (I use the stuff in my fridge that I cook with) and a puddle of condish (I use about a nickel size puddle) swish it all together in a martini shaker, take it into the shower, tilt my head back and pour it on, then I sort of smush it all around, add water to the now empty shaker, pour that over my head, refill a few times, dip my ends, rinse and I'm done. It's a better clarifier than poo IMO. Great shine, too.

Edit: I forgot, I do add a little condish the length of my hair after the rinse, comb through, then rinse it out, sorry.
    2b/3a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file