Recommendation for UK GEL

Hello All!

Could someone from the UK (or someone who has an idea of the availability issues over here!) recommend a strong, CG-friendly gel, please?

At the moment I'm using Lily of the desert Aloe, which isn't drying (no alcohol) but isn't that effective at holding the curls together.

Thanks!
nic.xx

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Have you tried the pink or white Boots curling creme?
    2b/3a.
  • sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • curly52curly52 Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i'm using VO5 mega hold gel, you vcan get it from savers and boots i think, or superdrug?
    HTH!
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
  • -curly-claire--curly-claire- Posts: 127Registered Users
    Boots own its translucent purple and umberto gianini although it had alcohol denat in which may be drying. I found both these gels great for air drying :)
    Pass: curly
    3A.
  • PhoenixRisingPhoenixRising Posts: 28Registered Users
    curly52 wrote:
    i'm using VO5 mega hold gel, you vcan get it from savers and boots i think, or superdrug?
    HTH!

I like that one too, I got it from Boots. I want to try the Boots own one but I'm a bit scared as I tried their basic gel a while ago and I was sneezing non-stop all day. When I tried the curl cream I actually walked around with a dab of it on the end of my nose for a while to make sure it wasn't going to have the same effect!

ETA: Anyone tried this? http://naturalfrizz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_81&products_id=176
    No silicones or alcohol AND no fragrance LOL
    curly52 wrote:
    HTH!

I like that one too, I got it from Boots. I want to try the Boots own one but I'm a bit scared as I tried their basic gel a while ago and I was sneezing non-stop all day. When I tried the curl cream I actually walked around with a dab of it on the end of my nose for a while to make sure it wasn't going to have the same effect!

ETA: Anyone tried this? http://naturalfrizz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_81&products_id=176
    No silicones or alcohol AND no fragrance LOL

:laughing9: i just imagined you with a pink blob on the end of your noe walking round like its perfectly normal
    I've tried the purple boots gel and i prefer the VO5 one. I was more frizzy with the boots and i don't think it has as much hold. It may work for you though, and its cheap!
  • PhoenixRisingPhoenixRising Posts: 28Registered Users
    :laughing9:
    Well today I bought a pot of the Boots gel so I'll be walking around with a purple gel blob on the end of my nose sometime this week :laughing9:
  • AlexaAlexa Posts: 208Registered Users
    Thanks Curly 52 for the VO5 recommendation, I have just been wondering what I will do when my last tube of Wella Green Tea Gel runs out (discontinued).

I recently tried the Andrew Collinge gel but it wasn't strong enough.
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    Golden brown (coloured to cover grey).
    Low poo: Dr Organic, L'Oreal Everpure.
    Conditioner: Dr Organic Argan Oil.
    Leave In: Aussie, Curl Harmony.
    Gel: Curl Keeper Original, Umberto Gianni.
    that's ok Alexa, i hope it works for you :drunken: which andrew collinge did you try?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file