How do you use LOOB?

I recently bought some LOOB after seeing people recommend it here, but I'm not really sure what to do with it. How do you use it and what results do you get? My hair is 2/3a by the way.

TIA!
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 697Registered Users Curl Novice
    I use it over my leave-in and under my gel. Some people use it after their gel. It is quite clump- & spiral-enhancing for me, so I like it a lot. If it didn't work well, I wouldn't use it because I don't like sticking my fingers into it (sort of icky plasticky texture) and I dislike the fragrance. I bought some of the old package (white tub) recently, and it's the same but the smell is much less strong so I like it better.
    There are a bunch of really good long threads on LOOB here or on the Product Review forum, so you can find a lot more info there.
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • FuzzyMonsterFuzzyMonster Posts: 259Registered Users
    Is it best to scrunch it in, squish it in, rake it in, or put in over the top of your hair like you're putting your hair in a ponytail?

I just got this too and am having mixed results.
    Mostly 2A; Fine and wavy :batman:
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I tried this under my gel twice and ended up with dry, frizzy hair. I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong or if it's just not right for my hair.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    OK... I'm a dork, but what is LOOB?
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I run a little over my hair like I'm putting it in a ponytail. Then I flip upside down and scrunch into very wet hair. Some people do find it drying, but I always leave in a lot of conditioner, so I haven't had that problem. So far, I use gel over it, but I may try leaving off the gel now that the summer humidity is leaving.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    sessac81 wrote:
    OK... I'm a dork, but what is LOOB?

You're not a dork--I didn't know until I read about it here. L'oreal Out of Bed.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    iris427 wrote:
    I tried this under my gel twice and ended up with dry, frizzy hair. I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong or if it's just not right for my hair.

It made my hair dry too. I'm positive I even used a leave-in under it. And it didn't do anything for my hair.

But yeah, do a search for it here & on the other board. You'll find plenty of results. :)
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Thanks, iris427!!
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • mamaherreramamaherrera Posts: 886Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got this last weekend, I found it ok, not drying. I scrunched a bit in after my gel, when it was a bit dryer (my hair), almost like the last part of Smasters. I think I'll try it as a curl enhancer next time, but I forgot about it (that 's what happens when you become a product junkie). Some avoid it cuz of the water soluble cones, but since I wash/cowash daily, I figure, man it comes out, it helps me, and it's better than the real cones I was using before.
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
    can get weighed down with lots of oils
    Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
    Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
    Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
    Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
    Gel: Kiss my face gel
    DT:Jessicurl
    Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness