WHY is my hair so so much curlier in the back?!

Well I really love how my hair looks in the front, the curls are really clumpy and loose s-shaped curls, but in the back the curls are pretty stringy and super curly... it looks really odd. What can I do? Do you think using a relaxer just in the back would help? Because I used one all over my hair about 2 or 3 months again (One 'n Only Curly Remover, it just loosened the curl a teeny bity) and I think that's why my hair looks so good in the front now, combined with the right products.

Does anyone else have hair like this? Do you know why it gets like that?!

Comments

• ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    Mine's the opposite. My hair is looser with S-shaped curls in the back and spiral ringlets in the fromt and sides. I think that everyone's curl pattern is different, and that most of us have more than one type of curl. I think it's also because my hair is longer in the back and the curls are a little more weighed down, so they stretch out.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• Laney1Laney1 Posts: 308Registered Users
    Mine is the same way! I just try to use a lot of product on the back of my hair. I'm thinking that maybe the highlighting I get done has damaged/loosened the curls in the front/sides. :drunken:
    3B, with some 3C
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Mine's the opposite. My hair is looser with S-shaped curls in the back and spiral ringlets in the fromt and sides. I think that everyone's curl pattern is different, and that most of us have more than one type of curl.

I agree with the bolded.

Mine is looser in the front, definitely from damage :(. It's also become difficult to define, though that is improving with trims and DTs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file