Comb + Plop = Ringlets

seahagseahag Posts: 16Registered Users
I used to stay away from combing, except after conditioner in the shower. The last 2 days, however, I decided to comb again after my products where in, and I got very nice ringlets both days. Maybe combing aligns the hairs in some way? My hair is just above the shoulders. Here's my routine:

Wash with Wen, comb through, then rinse out. Towel dry. Flip head down and scrunch a quarter-size amount of conditioner in, concentrating on the ends. Flip head back up and, using fingertips, work a pea-size amount of gel into the hairline and scalp. Flip head down again and scrunch a nickel-size amount of gel in, concentrating on the ends. Comb from roots to ends while head is down. Plop for about 10 minutes, then diffuse.

It's been moderately humid lately, so I'm curious to see how this routine holds up on dryer days.
2bFi Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo & Conditioner, Giovanni 50/50 Balancing Hair Remoisturizer as Leave-In, Kiehl's Clean & Clear Styling Gel

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I'd love to see before and after pictures. I tried combing one day and had stringy curls that afternoon...now you have me thinking I want to try it again.
    2b/3a.
  • seahagseahag Posts: 16Registered Users
    Unfortunately I lost my camera and haven't had the chance to pick up a new one yet. When I do, I'll run an experiment with/without combing and post pics.
    2bFi Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo & Conditioner, Giovanni 50/50 Balancing Hair Remoisturizer as Leave-In, Kiehl's Clean & Clear Styling Gel
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    I have a great wide toothed comb form scunci. I use it when my hair is about 50% dry because my hair is never in the right place (its short).
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    http://public.fotki.com/keikok/
    password:curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file