Aura Cacia Massage Creams!

rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
because my ao conditioner is costly and i don't want to have to replace it frequently, i've been looking for a natural leave-in that i could use between shampooings. it's hard to find one that doesn't have cones or other questionable things in it.

long story short, i bought aura cacia's lavender massage cream and used it as a creamy leave-in after rinsing my hair.

massage-cream-lavender-2-oz-aura-cacia.jpg

Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycine Max (Soybean) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Nut Butter, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, carnauba wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula x Intermedia (Lavandin) Oil, Lavandula Latifolia (Spike Lavender) Oil.

its creamy texture comes from the shea butter and plant waxes. i've only used it once, so i'm not sure if i'll have any build-up issues. i can't use straight shea butter because of its coating properties. but since it's "down on the list," i'm hoping that i won't have any problems.

i shampoo, condition, and denman detangle my hair once weekly, but i plain-water rinse my hair once between shampoos. instead of using my ao conditioner after rinsing, i applied the cream to my finger-detangled damp hair (roots to ends), twisted it up, and put a scarf on. when i woke up, my waves were "set" and gleaming, my hair was soft and not greasy, as i wasn't heavy handed with it (a green pea size amount to each quarter of my hair). when i say my waves are set, i mean it's the end of the day and they are still firmly clumped, yet not hard.

i only plan on using it once a week on the day that i do my plain-water rinse, so i don't anticipate any build-up issues. i'm hoping that this will be a good routine during the cold months ahead, when jojoba oil alone is too light to effectively condition and moisturize.

the creams come in unscented, lavender, orange patchouli, cinnamon ylang ylang, and tangerine grapefruit. they cost about $5 each. considering the small amount and frequency that i intend to use it, i imagine that this will be a cost-effective leave-in.

just thought i'd share. :love1:
"Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file