Curl activator gels

MochachinoMochachino Registered Users Posts: 191
I have just started using Hawaiian Silky Miracle worker mixed with aloe vera gel. It has been a miracle for my dry hair. Now I am interested in trying activator gels, too.
Has anyone here used curl activator gel:
Hawaiian Silky
S-Curl
Proclaim
LongAid
Smooth and Shine
Care Free Curl
If you have used ECO gel or IC Fantasia sparklites gel, how do the activator gels compare?

Thanks
Cam
I've got a pair of ruby slippers that I don't wear much anymore
And if I had the nerve I'd click my heels and return o the wonderland I knew before
Alana Davis "Crazy"

Comments

• curlicurli Registered Users Posts: 857 Curl Neophyte
    Curl activator gels stink. Stick to IC or Eco Styler...
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Registered Users Posts: 784
    Long aid was just awful for my hair plus it smells terrible, it's a very thick gel. I don't like the texture of it either.

Now Smooth N Shine, omg it's awesome. Very moisturizing and a great styler i dont mind the consistency of it it's a bit softer than the long aid, i dont know how to describe it l0l.

I cant really say how it compares to fantasia IC gel, becuase i only use the clear one for slicking my hair back, but it's(S&S) definitely more moisturizing than fantasia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
  • curlicurli Registered Users Posts: 857 Curl Neophyte
    LeeLee182 wrote:
    Now Smooth N Shine, omg it's awesome. Very moisturizing and a great styler i dont mind the consistency of it it's a bit softer than the long aid, i dont know how to describe it l0l..

Watery?
  • taflogtaflog Registered Users Posts: 130
    i've used care free curl activator before and it made my hair feel soft but didn't define my curls. yesterday i used ic gel over [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Whipped-Pudding-p-353.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-whipped-pudding]oyin whipped pudding[/buylink] and it was great. my hair was shiny and defined without crunch. i use it in the shower on soaking wet hair and shook the excess water out. i let my hair drip dry. i normally use it over redken fresh curls leave in and there is some crunch. i think i used to much though.

event.png

event.png
  • TEOGTEOG Registered Users Posts: 100
    Curly activator gels are a no-no for my hair. I used the Proclaim and Smooth N' Shine one and sampled the S-Curl. All left gooey sticky hair in their wake.
    Coily and cute.

4something-ish
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821
    Love Smooth and Shine CA gel. It's what I call old faithful.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Curlilocs wrote:
    Love Smooth and Shine CA gel. It's what I call old faithful.

Hi Curlilocs!

Your hair is looking awesome :love4: Hope all is well!
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Registered Users Posts: 784
    curli wrote:
    LeeLee182 wrote:
    Now Smooth N Shine, omg it's awesome. Very moisturizing and a great styler i dont mind the consistency of it it's a bit softer than the long aid, i dont know how to describe it l0l..

Watery?

Nah definitely not watery, just the long aid has a very dullish feeling like it doesn't feel moisturizing where as the S&S does, a more sleek feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
  • D_MarieD_Marie Registered Users Posts: 150
    I've used proclaim (which I ended up giving to my roommate for her weave) and smooth and shine. I didn't like either. The proclaim was too thin for me and the smooth and shine had a weird filmy feeling. I should post it in the swap board cause It's damn near full and I don't like it. I use eco styler faithfully though. It's thick and thick hair products are a necessity for me.
    www.instagram.com/enliytenme
    3c/4a
    Shea Moisture JBCO shampoo
    Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner
    Mielle Organics Protein Conditioner
    Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter (moisturizer)
    The Main Choice 3 in 1
    True by Made Beautiful leave in and hair butter
    Sweet almond oil
    As I Am Curling Jelly
    :toothy7:
  • shndlynshndlyn Registered Users Posts: 103
    LeeLee182 wrote:
    Long aid was just awful for my hair plus it smells terrible, it's a very thick gel. I don't like the texture of it either.

Now Smooth N Shine, omg it's awesome. Very moisturizing and a great styler i dont mind the consistency of it it's a bit softer than the long aid, i dont know how to describe it l0l.

I cant really say how it compares to fantasia IC gel, becuase i only use the clear one for slicking my hair back, but it's(S&S) definitely more moisturizing than fantasia.

ITA, I have tried Fantasia, Ecostyler and Smooth & Shine.....I prefer Smooth & Shine over all the others. That may change in the future as my hair grows, but S&S doesn't make my hair hard like the others. S&S is much more moisturizing IMO.
    Lois System: OS-Thick-Spongy
    Andre: 4a
    http://public.fotki.com/shndlyn/
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    hello!

I use Fantasia IC and that's the only gel i depend on because im trying to avoid cones, they dont work too well on my hair. Ive had my good and bad moments with this gel...sometimes its too crunchy or too heavy and sometimes its just right. After reading somewhere on here a couple of weeks ago about how you can mix it (Fantasia IC ) with water in your hands and then apply i've been getting some pretty good results.

I also like the sound of the smooth N shine. I noticed that it doesn't have any cones in it and it is cheaper than fantasia IC , i'd love to try it
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • kurlikinkiklassickurlikinkiklassic Registered Users Posts: 117 Curl Novice
    I too prefer SnS to all of the other CA gels listed here. the only issue is that the company SnS is no longer making this gel so if you see it in abundance in your area, grab it. It may not be plentiful in the near future. I can barely find it in my area.
    Can we just be ourselves?? Embrace who you are completely --God doesn't make mistakes
  • motherearthamothereartha Registered Users Posts: 355
    bmp
    thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
    pw: bearhair
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821
    I too prefer SnS to all of the other CA gels listed here. the only issue is that the company SnS is no longer making this gel so if you see it in abundance in your area, grab it. It may not be plentiful in the near future. I can barely find it in my area.

WHAT???? This can't be! I've never really been able to find it in abundance, but you best believe I will be picking up EVERY jar I see from here on out!
    Hi Curlilocs!

Your hair is looking awesome Hope all is well!

Hi Curlynikki! Thanks!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • LadyJAHLadyJAH Registered Users Posts: 81
    My staple used to be Aloe vera gel and sta sof fro. A while back someone on this site recommended this product and when I tried it several months ago and I didn't like it. However, my 19 yr old daughter loved it and has been using it for months now. She said that she likes that she doesn't have to use 8 (exaggeration) different products on her hair for it to look good.

Now I am revisiting this product and I like it a lot. My hair is not sticky and you don't have to use anything else with it.

100_1088-th.jpg
  • Hairblogger â„¢Hairblogger â„¢ Registered Users Posts: 564
    Curlilocs wrote:

WHAT???? This can't be! I've never really been able to find it in abundance, but you best believe I will be picking up EVERY jar I see from here on out!
    Hi Curlilocs!

Hi Curlynikki! Thanks!

That's too bad, Maybe we should email the company to see if they will reconsider...
    'Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book' devotee 4life!

Co-Wash: Aubrey O. HoneySuckleRose Cond.
    Poo: 1-2x ~monthly~ w/AO 'poo+Baking Soda
    DT: Honey + any Aubrey Condish
    Leave-Ins: Sheamoisture / RJML Cactus / KBBmilk!

[/COLOR]
    Curlilocs wrote:

Hi Curlilocs!

Hi Curlynikki! Thanks!

That's too bad, Maybe we should email the company to see if they will reconsider...

I called and complained and told them that other stuff they replaced it with was definitely a mistake.
    Can we just be ourselves?? Embrace who you are completely --God doesn't make mistakes
    found the company web site, http://www.consumer.schwarzkopf.com/submenu/contact/
    let's bombard them with emails letting them know that they should continue to make SNS gel AND make it in a larger size

(I, for one, would love it in a larger size) :cheers:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file