We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

UK products

bex79bex79 Posts: 11Registered Users
Just wondering what products UK curly girls find best for their curls? I am forever switching but haven't found anything that my hair really loves yet. Any suggestions please? I am 3c btw!
The first time my husband ever saw me, i was diffusing my curls! ;)

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Some product lines popular on this site available in UK:

Paul Mitchell, TIGI, Regis DesignLine, Jessicurl, Curls, SheaMoisture Leave In, Biosilk, Aubrey Organics.

I'm sure there are several more. I tried doing a search with "UK" but it didn't work. You should also try the UK Curlies Board:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewforum.php?f=11
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Pink or white boots are frequently mentioned on this board
    2b/3a.
  • curly52curly52 Posts: 351Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm currently using pink boots with VO5 mega hold gel over it. Are you CG?
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
  • bex79bex79 Posts: 11Registered Users
    curly52 wrote:
    I'm currently using pink boots with VO5 mega hold gel over it. Are you CG?

Yes, i got the book for my birthday in August, and i've just started doing the no shampoo thing (for just over a week) and conditioner rinsing every day as my hair is quite dry and feels really rough and horrible without it. My hair is starting to improve already, its forming really pretty shiny ringlets which i'm pleased about. I've been using Aussie moisture miracle and Wella Shockwaves Twirl It mousse. I tried gel but didn't get on with it as well as i do with the mousse.
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    I mainly use blended beauty/cutie or curls.

which you can get at www.naturalfrizz.co.uk along with jessicurl, fuzzy duck and some other products.

I haven't had much luck with other brands mentioned
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
    Is the mousse CG? I would maybe like to try it too :happy2: What's the hold like? Which gel did you attempt to use? And also doesn't the aussie miracle moist have proteins? you'll have to be careful your hair isn't protien sensitive or it will start to feel lik straw.
  • bex79bex79 Posts: 11Registered Users
    curly52 wrote:
    Is the mousse CG? I would maybe like to try it too :happy2: What's the hold like? Which gel did you attempt to use? And also doesn't the aussie miracle moist have proteins? you'll have to be careful your hair isn't protien sensitive or it will start to feel lik straw.

Hiya, I've just looked on the back of the mousse can and it contains PVP and VP/ VA copolymer, which Lorraine Massey says the gels should contain so thats good news! It does contain dimethicone though which is maybe bad news- but i personally haven't noticed a build up. It has a really nice hold without making my hair crispy and crunchy- quite a light and soft feel to it. On the can 'hold' is marked 2 out of 4 boxes, so medium i assume?
    The gel i tried was Garnier fructis style 100% transparent styling gel. I found it went quite crispy in my hair and my hair looked a little frizzed also.
    The Miracle Moist does have wheat protein in it, but in the book Lorraine says to look for conditioners with these in-
    'The ingredients you abseloutely need in a conditioner include emollients, humectants, proteins and moisturisers....Proteins coat the hair shaft and protect it. look for plant proteins such as wheat, wheatgerm, or soy protein on the back of the label' Curly Girl, p. 50.
    So i'm a little confused on that one? Is there any more info about protein sensitive hair on here that you know about please, i'd like to have a read?
    you'll have to be careful as the dimethicone may build up. Protien is used to repair damaged hair. You may benefit as you have just started CG and your hair may be damaged slightly. However, when your hair gets healithier, the protien may build up and make your hair feel like straw. However, many curlies have no problem with protien but it's just something to watch out for. If you do a search there should be loads of threads on it.
    HTH!
  • curlykat:]curlykat:] Posts: 12Registered Users
    i love VO5 condish :] and i use the body shop honey shampoo once a week just to get rid of any build up i get.
    oh and i have tried almost everyy mousse out there, and surprisingly, morrisons bettabuy mousse is actually the best one iv ever used.. its light but its the first product to actually hold my curls, it doesnt dry my hair out and it never goes sticky and horrible. plus its mega cheap, i love it :] x
    2C/3A :)

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file