We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Cool blonde eyebrow pencil?

firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
I have the hardest time finding an eyebrow pencil that looks right on me, and for special occasions I need it, as my eyebrows are a little sparse in areas. The problem is that all of the blonde pencils I've found are geared towards golden blondes, and my eyebrows are a cool dark blonde.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Lots and lots of fine 3b-ish hair.
DevaCurl currently, but exploring new products.
Love the hair!

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,568Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    how about taupe?
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • firelilyfirelily Posts: 1,298Registered Users
    rouquinne wrote:
    how about taupe?

Taupe is close to the color I need, but the ones I've tried are still too warm. Maybe what I consider a little too warm is ok, and I'm just not used to it.

It's funny, my hair is a dark coppery blonde, so you'd think my eyebrows would match.
    Love the hair!
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Have you tried Mac's Bling? I had a hard time finding the right shade myself, but this works perfectly for me. It's a light ash taupe brow pencil.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    firelily wrote:
    It's funny, my hair is a dark coppery blonde, so you'd think my eyebrows would match.

my hair is dark red and my brows are growing in WAY darker than that - where they aren't turning white...

:roll:

i use a taupe pencil from a Canadian company called Annabelle that works really well. and there's no reason why you couldn't use a lip pencil for your brows. you might find a suitable colour in that range.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

msgiblet wrote:
    Have you tried Mac's Bling? I had a hard time finding the right shade myself, but this works perfectly for me. It's a light ash taupe brow pencil.

Bling? I see Fling on their website. Of all their colors, that one may work. I should go to a counter and check it out.
    Love the hair!
    rouquinne wrote:
    firelily wrote:

my hair is dark red and my brows are growing in WAY darker than that - where they aren't turning white...

:roll:

i use a taupe pencil from a Canadian company called Annabelle that works really well. and there's no reason why you couldn't use a lip pencil for your brows. you might find a suitable colour in that range.

!!!! I hadn't thought of using a lip pencil.

In college I would sometimes use a dark blue eyeliner pencil, it looked eerily good (in a weirdo college student sort of way).
    Love the hair!
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    You could also try eye shadow applied with a very stiff little brush. I've had makeup artists do that with me and the results are a little softer than with most pencils, but still very nice. Plus you'd have a much greater range of shades to choose from.
    Fling worked!

It's way too easy to blow $100 at Mac.
    Love the hair!
    ^^^ yeah, i know what you mean!

:laughing9:
    My blog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file