Fever Question

inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
I've always been told that with a low grade of fever just to let the fever do it's thing and not to give any tylenol or motrin. My question is what is considered a low grade of fever? Anything from 99 to 101?

Chas is running a 101 degree fever...and I don't want to interven with any motrin unless I have too.

Thoughts?

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    With temperatures like 101, which are right on the border, I tend to go based on how miserable Ben seems. If he is warm but generally cheery and normal, I leave it. If he is cranky or spacy I give the drugs.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    geeky wrote:
    With temperatures like 101, which are right on the border, I tend to go based on how miserable Ben seems. If he is warm but generally cheery and normal, I leave it. If he is cranky or spacy I give the drugs.

ditto.. ITA
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    He's definitely cranky...I'll see how he is when he gets back up. If he's still cranky...I'll give him some motrin.
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    deedles wrote:
    geeky wrote:

ditto.. ITA

same, but I will always give something before bed/nap times so it they can get proper rest.
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    I also pay more attention to how they are acting.

If they seem off, then I usually know that something is wrong.
    :rambo:
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    IC, How's Chas doing?
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I thought he was doing better. He was happy after his naps yesterday so I didn't give him anything. He slept 11 1/2 hours last night. But he's slowly gotten grouchier today. Just took his temp and it's back up to 101.7. This morning he was riding around 100.3. I'm going to be giving him some Motrin soon.

Thanks for asking Deedles. Don't you just hate it when they are sick?

How has Liam's ears been since he had the tubes put in?
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    cympreni wrote:
    deedles wrote:
    geeky wrote:

ditto.. ITA

same, but I will always give something before bed/nap times so it they can get proper rest.
    ((hugs)) It's so hard when they're sick and we're unsure of what to do for them.

ITA. My daughter's fevers were usually around 99 or 100, but she would become so beligerent. Her behavior and attitude were completely opposite her normal temperament. So, I give her Motrin. With my oldest, he could get a fever of 103 and be somewhat fine.
    Have you tried other methods to get the fever down, like popsicles and lukewarm baths or wash clothes on the neck and head? Make sure he gets plent of fluids.
    My mom's rule was if the fever lasts 3 days, go to the doctor.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file