CurlTalk

Looking For Protein Conditioners/Treatments

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
I used to use Nexxus Keraphixx and Emergencee but the salon that I go to doesn't sell these products anymore. I also can't find Aphogee anywhere. Can anyone recommend a good protein conditioner/treatment? I'm going shopping tomorrow. Thanks.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    I love Aubrey GPB.
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    Joico K-Pak is great, but you have to follow it with a moisturizing DT.
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Elasta QP makes a protien treatment that was pretty gentle. For a more moisturizing one, Kenra IET.

For a super duty one that needs a moisturizer afterwards I'm temporarily giving a thumbs up to TIGI Bed Head Chocolate head. It smells like yummy chocolate and it has this really easy applicator so you can concentrate on the roots. Honestly, I think the chocolate smell is clouding my judgement
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna write these down and look up these products tomorrow.
  • AmberWavesAmberWaves Posts: 231Registered Users
    My favorite is Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise with (or without) an egg added.
    AmberWaves
    3c/4a
    I keep posting on threads where I don't belong since they changed the board into hair categories :? I only ever look at the title of the thread, not which section it is from.

Sorry!! :)
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
  • CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    skywatcher wrote:
    I keep posting on threads where I don't belong since they changed the board into hair categories :? I only ever look at the title of the thread, not which section it is from.

Sorry!! :)

Please post away!!! :D
    Skywatcher, post all you want! :D
    Thanks for not kicking me out :blush:blush.gif I just get all excited when I see a topic that interests me :hyper:hyper.gif
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    skywatcher wrote:
    Thanks for not kicking me out :blush:blush.gif I just get all excited when I see a topic that interests me :hyper:hyper.gif

Skywatcher, you're all over the place today girl ! :wink: I see that the notion of hair-type cannot constrain you 8)

MsJoker-

I agree with Cherish that Aubrey GPB is very good. Abba Nourishing is nice also, but more light. My hair tolerates proteins well, so it is in a lot of my hair products in varying amounts, but I rarely do protein treatments anymore. I do recommend the two that I mentioned...
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
    Curltopia wrote:
    skywatcher wrote:

Skywatcher, you're all over the place today girl ! :wink: I see that the notion of hair-type cannot constrain you 8)
    I know, I can't seem to restrain myself :shock: :lol: :blush:blush.gif But these great curlies didn't kick me out either, aren't they so sweet :D Think of me like that little hyper puppy dog that can't keep her nose out of anything :hyper:hyper.gif :lol:
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    lol :lol: