WalkingWings?

deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
Saw them on the internet today... thought it was a cool idea instead of bending over and taking the babies hands...

any thoughts? Anyone own??

http://www.walkingwings.com/
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I personally think it's unnecessary. Something you might use for a couple of months only, if at all.
    Falling is part of the process of learning to walk. I don't think you can or should eliminate it.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    Mine pretty much taught herself to walk by cruising the furniture/walls.

Well, if you have a bad back, I could see using this. But I didn't mind the little bit of arm-holding I did.

It looks like it could also double as a "harness" for out in public...if your child is an escape artist...and you don't mind harnessing him.

• CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I think they're a bad idea. I never "walked" my baby. I figured if she was ready to walk, she'd do it. She cruised the furniture and then started walking on her own.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    CGNYC wrote:
    I think they're a bad idea. I never "walked" my baby. I figured if she was ready to walk, she'd do it. She cruised the furniture and then started walking on her own.

I agree. Walking is as much about balance and depth and danger perception as it is about strong legs, which is all that this thing will build up.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Unnecessary. IME, babies learn to walk in one day, without our help. They cruise the furniture first, for days/weeks/months, until they are ready, and then one day they let go and just walk. That quickly builds their confidence and they are often running by the next day.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    guess that made my decision.. thanks ladies!!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Deedles...I guess Liam isn't walking either? Chas is still cruising. I did finally get him to stand without holding anything today. He smiled really big and then went to his knees.
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Deedles...I guess Liam isn't walking either? Chas is still cruising. I did finally get him to stand without holding anything today. He smiled really big and then went to his knees.

nope!! I swear IC we have twins!! Loves to cruise.. all over the place and push his little cart around (see bottom pic) but that's it he will stand for a few seconds and then boom down he goes.. no steps yet.. I thought the walking wings would help him but people seem to think its not worth it...
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    If he's cruising around furniture and pushing his little cart, then he's fine. Give him time to get sure of himself and gain more confidence and he will take off!!!

Trust me on this one.
    :rambo:
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    My daughter didn't start walking unsupported until she was 14-15 mos. old and in all honesty, I was not in a huge hurry to get her to do so. He will learn soon enough. That contraption is more for the parents than the kid. :laughing9: :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file