BB product application

FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
I got my BB products in the mail today and so far so good. The products I tried so far did leave my hair bouncy and soft, which I like. However, I want to make sure I'm getting the best out of them and am not quite sure how to apply them. I read the info on their website, but nowhere does it indicate how to layer any of the products if using more than one styling product. More specifically, do I use the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Happy-Nappy-Styles-p-533.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-happy-nappy-styles]Happy Nappy Styles[/buylink] before the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curly-Frizz-Pudding-p-376.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curly-frizz-pudding]Curly Frizz Pudding[/buylink]?

Comments

• curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    I do. I apply a small amount of the CFP throughout my whole head after co-washing with BB Curl Quenching (I leave in 50%). I then apply the Happy Nappy to 5 or 6 sections, in a raking/smoothing motion. I apply Herbal Essence Body Envy on top of that for added hold on most days. I don't use alot o the CFP, HNS or Body Envy. The combo, however, is FIRE! Doesn't flake and dries with a soft hold.

hth
  • FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess I did OK. I applied it the same way, but I rinsed the conditioner out completely. I'll try leaving some of the conditioner in and see if there's a noticeable difference for me.
  • Uptown CurlsUptown Curls Registered Users Posts: 77
    Hello,

Curlynikki, I have a question for you is the Herbal Essence Body Envy CG. I'm thinking of ordering a sample pack of the BB line. I think it would do well with my hair type. Also have you tried any of the Cutie products? I don't see many reviews on them.

Fleurzty, I'm glad it's working out for you!

Thanks and God Bless.
    Cece, 2 Blessed 2 B Stressed!
    4a/4b
    Last Perm 9/06
    I updated my album with pics of the BB results. Also, Uptown Curls, I bought the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Cutie-Butter-Me-Up-p-472.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-cutie-butter-me-up]Butter me up[/buylink] from the Cutie line, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how it works once I use it.
    Hello,

Curlynikki, I have a question for you is the Herbal Essence Body Envy CG. I'm thinking of ordering a sample pack of the BB line. I think it would do well with my hair type. Also have you tried any of the Cutie products? I don't see many reviews on them.

Fleurzty, I'm glad it's working out for you!

Thanks and God Bless.

First of all Fleurzty...looking good! Your hair is always pretty, but I'm sure you'll like the added moisturizing benefits BB products will provide.

Body Envy is CG; no proteins or cones. It leaves a firm but soft, touchable hold w/ no flakies! BB and Body Envy were a pair made in Heaven. I haven't used the Cutie line. For now, I'm sticking to my Happy Nappy and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curly-Frizz-Pudding-p-376.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curly-frizz-pudding]Curly Frizz Pudding[/buylink]. They haven't let me down yet!
  • motherearthamothereartha Registered Users Posts: 355
    Do you still use TJ Nourish or did you switch over to the BB products completely? Thanks!
    thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
    pw: bearhair
    I still use TJ...its a great cheapy conditioner that helps me to stretch the BB Curl Quencher. when I get in the shower, I apply TJ all over...then section and apply more while I detangle. I then rinse out ALL of the TJ. I then re-section (4 sections) and apply a dime size amount of BB CQ and twist the section. I do a 3 second rinse at the end of my shower with the twists in tact, leaving in the majority of the CQ.

This (the twists and left in CQ) makes for easy product application, because I don't have to deal with new tangles. I take down one section at a time and apply products, rake and proceed to the next.

hth
    thanks! that was very helpful! i'm tired of wearing pony puffs. i'm ready to wear it out!
    Let that hair loose! I'd love to see pics :)

hth
    i'll do that! :wink:
    Another satisfied customer for Blended Beauty. I took the time to do the full hair treatment on saturday evening and my hair still feels as soft as if I just washed. I am LOVING this. I'm experiencing great definition, softness and shine. I really don't think I could be happier about a line right now. So, my hair routine is set right now. I want to keep using these products :bounce: and hopefully, it only gets better.

Another happy curlie!!!
    Fleurzty wrote:
    Another satisfied customer for Blended Beauty. I took the time to do the full hair treatment on saturday evening and my hair still feels as soft as if I just washed. I am LOVING this. I'm experiencing great definition, softness and shine. I really don't think I could be happier about a line right now. So, my hair routine is set right now. I want to keep using these products :bounce: and hopefully, it only gets better.

Another happy curlie!!!

:wav:

Yay! I'm excited for you :) Which products did you use and how did you apply them (i.e. how many sections, etc.). Do you have pics yet?
    Nevermind...

I found the pics! You have some beautiful hair :love1:
    LOL! I just got done uploading the pictures. So predictable! I used the Volcanic Clay Mask first, the the Herbal Reconditioning Treatment and my hair felt awesome at this point, but I followed the recommendations on their site and used the Curls Quenching Conditioner next and left it on for only 2-3 minutes. That was it for washing and conditioning. For styling, I used the CFP followed by the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Cutie-Butter-Me-Up-p-472.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-cutie-butter-me-up]Butter Me Up[/buylink] from the cutie line. I find it a little more moisturizing than the HNS. I let it dry mostly, then put it in a ponytail for bed. The next morning my hair was unbelievably compliant and soft. As I said earlier, it still feels like day one hair today. I'm in awe!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Fleurzty, these products really suit your hair. I'm dying to try the volcanic clay mask and herbal conditioner.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Uptown CurlsUptown Curls Registered Users Posts: 77
    Hi Fleurzty & Curlynikki,

Fleurzty, your hair looks awesome! I also think that this current hair color really fits you too. I'm glad to know that you like this hair line. I see that you mentioned that you have ordered many of the other BB hair products too. You mentioned that you liked the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Cutie-Butter-Me-Up-p-472.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-cutie-butter-me-up]butter me up[/buylink] more than the HNS. Did you find the that HNS appeared to be thick for you? or would you recommend the HNS for the more protected hair styles such as braids, twist, ext.?

Curlynikki,
    I glad that you have found your HG products. As I have mentioned on previous post I have not yet did the BC yet. (anyday now) I have been experimenting with the natural part of my hair now while I still transition. I have about 4-6 inches of natural hair now. Hopefully by the time I do the BC I will have found my HG products! Meanwhile I'm becoming a PJ between you and SBB! :laughing9: Nonetheless I appreciate all the advice and guidance that you can give!

I guess I will be submitting a order for some BB products now!

Thanks and God Bless
    Cece, 2 Blessed 2 B Stressed!
    4a/4b
    Last Perm 9/06
    thanks curlynikki. the tj nourish is a great conditioner and so cheap! my hair is still screwed up from over pressing/flatironing this past winter..but this was the best result i've gotten in some time!

i tried to post the pic but i haven't quite figured that out[/img]

[img][/img]2ue206w.jpg
    thanks curlynikki. the tj nourish is a great conditioner and so cheap! my hair is still screwed up from over pressing/flatironing this past winter..but this was the best result i've gotten in some time!

No problem! I love the results I get from TJ and I loooooove the price. I'm happy you've reaped the benefits too :) Can't wait to see pics!!

ttyl
  • CurleeDSTCurleeDST Registered Users Posts: 467
    Fleur I love yourhair!!! These products really suit you.
    I am a 3c/4a with medium/fine strands
    No strict haircare regimen - trying my hand at the Curly Girl Method.

Fitness Blog: http://femmefitalefitclub.com/
    Check out the Femme Fitale Facebook page: facebook.com/FemmeFitaleFitness
    Thank you so much CurleeDST. I am still loving the product. My hair reacts so well to them. I'm actually wearing day 4 hair today. Every night I pull it together into a loose ponytail and in the morning I just remove the rubber bands. It's really low maintenance.

[img][/img]2ue206w.jpg

WOW! Beautiful :flower:
    Wow Fleur - you get 4 day hair out of this stuff? That was going to be my next question to folks - how do you maintain your hair with this product(s)? I never seemed to have success with next day hair let alone 4-day hair with ANY product. My hair almost STARVES for water I suppose. I can't wait to try this stuff (I ordered it this morning) to see if this will work in my kinky/curly hair.

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Fleurzty wrote:
    Thank you so much CurleeDST. I am still loving the product. My hair reacts so well to them. I'm actually wearing day 4 hair today. Every night I pull it together into a loose ponytail and in the morning I just remove the rubber bands. It's really low maintenance.

Ack!! You don't really use rubber bands in your hair -- you really meant scuncies or something like that right?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    My hair expands so much after it is dry I wonder if a scrunchie can get around it for daily maintenance moving forward. I need to figure out what I am going to do because Winter is fastly approaching and I can't wet my hair every day like I do now.

Ack!! You don't really use rubber bands in your hair -- you really meant scuncies or something like that right?

Poor use of language. Yes, I was referring to small ouchless scrunchies. They don't pull at my hair at all.
  • DosRitaRocksDosRitaRocks Registered Users Posts: 7
    Fleurzty wrote:

This is my first post on this forum but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to confirm that I was also able to achieve 4th day hair using CON shampoo,Suave Naturals apple condish, Biolage Leave-In, BB HNS, and Herbal Essense gel. Each night I just slept with a satin bonnet on, shook out and fluffed in the morning with a little HE gel and water. It looked great for days. I wish I had taken pictures.

Curlnikki:
    I looove your Hair!!
    "Unique is my middle name.....No joke, it really is...but my mother had to go mess it up by spelling it wrong...sadly stuck with Uneck.

http://www.myspace/uneck
    Fleurzty wrote:

This is my first post on this forum but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to confirm that I was also able to achieve 4th day hair using CON shampoo,Suave Naturals apple condish, Biolage Leave-In, BB HNS, and Herbal Essense gel. Each night I just slept with a satin bonnet on, shook out and fluffed in the morning with a little HE gel and water. It looked great for days. I wish I had taken pictures.

Curlnikki:
    I looove your Hair!!

Thanks DosRitaRocks! I'm happy you're enjoying the BB HNS and Herbal Essence gel. This combo rocks and I'm going to keep using it as long as they make it (i.e., or until my PJ kicks in again).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file