Deva Curl One C....

curlicurli Registered Users Posts: 857 Curl Neophyte
Did'nt leave me feeling so Deva-ish after I used it & I used it like four times as co- washes & overnight treatments & I waited a frickin week for that condish in the mail.I got better results from my $2.99 DT..

What's the rave? Is it just me?

I want a DC that leaves my hair feeling healthy & soft to the touch..

Any recommendedations?

I thought I found my HG...

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    didn't work all that well for me either; had to use 1/4 of the bottle, and the smell didn't sit well with me either. I'm a Robert Craig girl (with little side trips to John Masters Citrus/Neroli)
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • curlicurli Registered Users Posts: 857 Curl Neophyte
    Like 1/2 my botte is gone already. I need something that makes my hair baby soft. It feels like I poo'ed & I haven't done that in months. Yeah it does smell funny. I'm going to have to try that Robert Craig...
  • FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you ladies. I had great results with it. I bought this conditioner from ricky's over a month ago and it leaves my hair soft and tangle-free every time.
  • jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    Fleurzty wrote:
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you ladies. I had great results with it. I bought this conditioner from ricky's over a month ago and it leaves my hair soft and tangle-free every time.

Same here. To my hair, it outperforms Curls, Elucence, Curl Junkie, TIGI, i.e. most of the best-loved conditioners on this site. But that just goes to show everything is not for everyone. Have you tried Trader Joe's Nourish? Excellent value for money at $2.49.
  • Curly DeeCurly Dee Registered Users Posts: 22
    I'm enjoying the condish as well (I use it with the low-poo). My hair feels well conditioned, and after one month, I've got about one half of the bottle left. I have instituted a rule to use new products I purchase for at least two months before moving onto something new (unless it leaves my hair in horrible condition, at which time I only use it one more time to make sure it's not "user error." -- this helps to control my PJ tendencies). It's a new product for me, so I'll be using it for at least another month. We'll see how it goes...[/i]
    Last Relaxer: July 2006
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    didn't work all that well for me either; had to use 1/4 of the bottle, and the smell didn't sit well with me either. I'm a Robert Craig girl (with little side trips to John Masters Citrus/Neroli)

I could have written this... I adore Robert Craig...and I discovered a few weeks ago while traveling that 3 oz of RC will last me a week. I still have some left in the bottle. I did take 3oz of John Masters, but stopped using it on my third day because it didn't seem to agree with the water.

Again, I just adore Robert Craig. Well worth the price and ordering online.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • teshonteshon Registered Users Posts: 1,127
    Curly Dee wrote:
    I'm enjoying the condish as well (I use it with the low-poo). My hair feels well conditioned, and after one month, I've got about one half of the bottle left. I have instituted a rule to use new products I purchase for at least two months before moving onto something new (unless it leaves my hair in horrible condition, at which time I only use it one more time to make sure it's not "user error." -- this helps to control my PJ tendencies). It's a new product for me, so I'll be using it for at least another month. We'll see how it goes...[/i]

Curly Dee, this is a good rule to have. I have tried a product or two that initially didn't work for me but I kinda hang w/it for awhile before ruling it out completely. Experiment w/it a little. I'm not really intrigued by the Deva Curl line from reading all the reviews and based on my own experience. I've tried the leave-in and it was just OK. I don't think I'll be trying anything else.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
  • natashamcknatashamck Registered Users Posts: 434
    Curly Dee wrote:
    I'm enjoying the condish as well (I use it with the low-poo). My hair feels well conditioned, and after one month, I've got about one half of the bottle left. I have instituted a rule to use new products I purchase for at least two months before moving onto something new (unless it leaves my hair in horrible condition, at which time I only use it one more time to make sure it's not "user error." -- this helps to control my PJ tendencies). It's a new product for me, so I'll be using it for at least another month. We'll see how it goes...

That's a new rule that I'm trying out too. My bathroom closet has waaaay too many different products. My One C should be in the mail, so I'll report back on my results.

ETA: My One C, Low Poo and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Arc Angell[/buylink] are here! More updates to come :)
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • KellKell Registered Users Posts: 201
    The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Deva One Condition[/buylink]er works really well for me. The curls look great, and with the angell gel, it styles really well. I was meaning to pick up more before I leave charlotte. But I'll have to find it elsewhere, dont have time. And I love the ingredients used....rosemary, lemon, etc....

You should get the trial pack before ordering whole bottles.
    J&J Baby Shampoo fugged up my hair! :thumbdown:
    Kell wrote:
    The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Deva One Condition[/buylink]er works really well for me. The curls look great, and with the angell gel, it styles really well. I was meaning to pick up more before I leave charlotte. But I'll have to find it elsewhere, dont have time. And I love the ingredients used....rosemary, lemon, etc....

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kell wrote:

too late! :wink: I tried out my Full sized bottles Tuesday night, and the jury's still out... I liked the One C, but like SBB and curli I had to use more than the recommended amount to feel like I even had conditioner in my hair.
    The smell reminded me of lemon pledge, but it wasn't unbearable. My hair felt soft and moisturized afterwards, but at the same time it didn't feel coated or weighed down (I think I even felt a little squeakiness when I squeezed the excess water out of my hair) I'm going to stick to my new one month rule and report back after a month. **ETA: Looking at it, I think that my hair felt soft and moisturized because my hair was already in pretty decent condition, not because of what the OneC did... **

This is slightly OT, but I liked the Arc-Angell too.. It was light (probably too light because I couldn't really feel it, so ended up applying too much and getting a bit of stiffness) THe only thing is that when you're applying it is smells like straight up concentrated orange juice - but luckily the smell doesn't linger...
    Ok - so it hasn't been a month yet, but my hair was begging me to stop using the One C. I went back to my thick and creamy Kenra. The One C just didn't give me enough. Not enough moisture, not enough slip, not enough protein.

I still like the Low Poo , but it's not spectacular. I'll probably finish the bottle, but I might not re-purchase it.

I like the Arc-Angell, but it doesn't give me enough weight or frizz control for Wash-n-go's. On the other hand, It gave me the best coil-out I've ever had. My hair was soft, shiny, bouncy, blowing in the wind, and still defined. I'll probably keep it around just for that.
    natashamck wrote:
    Ok - so it hasn't been a month yet, but my hair was begging me to stop using the One C. I went back to my thick and creamy Kenra. The One C just didn't give me enough. Not enough moisture, not enough slip, not enough protein.

I still like the Low Poo , but it's not spectacular. I'll probably finish the bottle, but I might not re-purchase it.

I like the Arc-Angell, but it doesn't give me enough weight or frizz control for Wash-n-go's. On the other hand, It gave me the best coil-out I've ever had. My hair was soft, shiny, bouncy, blowing in the wind, and still defined. I'll probably keep it around just for that.

I think my hair was too thick for the One C maybe? I'm not sure but i'll keep searching...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file