Can you sleep in wet hair?

MaureneMaurene Posts: 69Registered Users
Seems like a lot of people with curlier can sleep in wet hair and have it turn out OK...but can any wavies do that? I'm pretty sure it'd just make my hair flatter/straighter. And, my hair isn't long enough to "pineapple."

I might try plopping overnight though. But still, I don't think it'd work. I'm alone with my baby this week (DH is on travel) and its hard to shower in the morning so I'll have to do it the night before.

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Nope. I definately can NOT sleep wet. I end up looking like Animal from the Muppet Show. LOL! Honestly if I know I do not have time to work on my hair and I need it presentable (I'm a SAHM) I straiten it. Not much help here I know, but it's the truth. Sorry! Maybe someone else can help more?
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • MaureneMaurene Posts: 69Registered Users
    I plopped overnight and it looks halfway decent today (but a bit messy).

I washed at 7:45 and just kept my hair in a microfiber towel the whole time. At about 3-4 am the towel came off and my hair was still damp. At 6 am the towel was still wet but my hair wasn't. I need something I can put in my hair when its try to help tame it a bit. I tried Mop Top pomade which helped some but didn't give me much control. Oh, I only used a light gel on my after my shower. I was afraid a stronger gel would give me crazier hair.

I might try it again tonight but my hair needs to look really nice tomorrow (but I can always pull it back).

Heather - Animal is so cool though! :wink:
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried going to bed with wet hair while plopping last night, and couldn't get to sleep. After a couple of hours I pineappled it and finally fell asleep. Sometimes I can get decent 2nd day hair by spraying it with lavendar water until it is damp before pineappling it at bedtime. It didn't work very well last night, though!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    I get the most wave if I sleep on my hair wet.
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • aprilmomaprilmom Posts: 27Registered Users
    When it is long, I can. I get great curl definition and hardly have to do anything in the morning. But when it is short to mid length (like now) no way. It just comes out all messy.
    Modified CG since September 2007 Type 2C :love2: High Porosity (I think)
    LP -Jessicurl HCC
    RO - Jessicurl Too Shea
    LI - Jessicurl RR
    Styling - Coconut Oil Hair Serum, Jessicurl Awe Inspiraling Spray
    DT - Jessicurl DT or coconut oil
    Itch Treatment - baking soda

Hair loves - coconut and argan oil; plopping
    Hair Hates - too much protein
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Posts: 232Banned Users
    I just cant do it. It makes me feel icky.
    "'You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve,' said Aslan.'"
    http://public.fotki.com/bbecca/hair-pics/
    pw-curls
    Koukla72 wrote: »
    when you claim in your nomination speech to the families of special needs children, "I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House" after having reduced funding for special needs education by 62%
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html
  • HalSaHalSa Posts: 53Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    it works well for me. I wash my hair before going to sleep then add some La Coupe curl creme, and go to bed right after and in the morning my hair is soft and wavy/curly

I have some pics of it in my fotki
    2c dark blonde,shoulder length, growing out henndigo!
  • agent_003bdagent_003bd Posts: 142Registered Users
    If I want good hair the next day, I have to go to bed with wet hair. I apply my conditioner as a leave in, position my hair over my pillow so it is not squished, and zzz. In the morning, I perk up my tresses with a bit more conditioner and some water.
    2/3a mix

Shampoo-free since 09/04

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file