How much would you pay for...

shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
a cute burp rag?
I have been making these burp rags and was wondering how much I should charge for them at this little fair thing coming up??? Here are a few that I have done:

6cewpxs.jpg
5xebihg.jpg
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Maybe $3 each or two for $5?
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    Really? That is all? $3? They cost nearly that to make!

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I am the wrong person to ask. I would pay nothing. We used plain, white cloth diapers only.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Honestly, everyone else bought burp cloths for me--I got them at my baby shower. For the aforementioned $3, I could buy a nice plush hand towel or kitchen towel, which I sometimes used in lieu of burp cloths.

No one wants to spend a lot for something that collects snot and spit up, even if it looks cute. I'm not trying to be mean--I just don't think this is a moneymaker.
    I only buy plain white cloth diapers as well, but I recieved a bunch of cute ones as shower gifts and stuff. You don't think anyone would buy them as gifts? Hmm... oh well- maybe I can give them as gifts myself...

• MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    Dude, burp cloths are to put vomit on.

However, I'm sure some swanky folk are willing to shell out big bucks for the cute ones. The people who buy designer doggie poo bags, etc.! Maybe if you find a shop that caters to those type of people, you could make some money.
    LOL! River spits up so much- we go through like a million burp cloths a day! If I dont give them away as gifts, we can always use them...well maybe not the pink w/ sparkles one, but the other ones... They are just cloth diapers with a strip of material on them.

• MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    shelli wrote:
    LOL! River spits up so much- we go through like a million burp cloths a day! If I dont give them away as gifts, we can always use them...well maybe not the pink w/ sparkles one, but the other ones... They are just cloth diapers with a strip of material on them.

If there are shops in my itty bitty area where the swanky people go to buy ridiculously priced items, then I'm sure there are some where you live as well.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I think those are probably in the $5 range. I got from BRU (or Amazon or somewhere) that were similar but they also had grosgrain ribbon. Those were $12 for a three pack.

Around here, the monogrammed burp clothes are HUGE. They're normally $12 - $20 depending on what else is on them. And the wait list is forever.

Another popular item - monogrammed fancy diaper covers. Also huge wait list.
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    geeky wrote:
    I am the wrong person to ask. I would pay nothing. We used plain, white cloth diapers only.

Me, too. I don't use plain diapers, but I wouldn't pay for a cloth. I use old hand towels.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:

Me, too. I don't use plain diapers, but I wouldn't pay for a cloth. I use old hand towels.

I used receiving blankets, I got like a bajillon of them. And even then I had a ton that I never used.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    If they matched something like the bedding set or the stroller fabric, I might splurge. Maybe.

And another issue for me is would the bright colors bleed onto the white? I like to lightly bleach my whites. I certainly would never wash any whites w/ reds or blues. Are you sure the colored fabric is colorfast?

They are cute, though!

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    cympreni wrote:
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:

I used receiving blankets, I got like a bajillon of them. And even then I had a ton that I never used.

That's what I used too.
    :rambo:
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    I probably wouldn't pay much for them, but I'm cheap with stuff like that. However I would have no problem paying more for them if I was buying them for somebody else as a gift.

But just because I'm cheap doesn't mean everyone else is. Find a fancy shop that sells to people who have more money than they know what to do with and you might do well. They are very cute.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Registered Users Posts: 3,093
    Figure out how much three of them cost you to make. Wrap a ribbon around said three, and charge a couple of dollars more for your time to make them. I received a few of these when Rachel was baby and used them all the time, though, I wouldn't have thought to buy them for myself. Have fun at the fair!
    2b/3a.
    Figure out how much three of them cost you to make. Wrap a ribbon around said three, and charge a couple of dollars more for your time to make them. I received a few of these when Rachel was baby and used them all the time, though, I wouldn't have thought to buy them for myself. Have fun at the fair!

I agree with this. Wrap up three with a cute ribbon and a card, you have a gift. And we all spend more on gifts than we would for ourselves.
  • webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
    I agree with most of the others. I wouldnt purchase fancy spit up cloths,

but I would pay premium for a white onesie with a cool piece of fabric stiched on it.

Here's an example. it's just a frog that is stiched on to a white onesie but I love it! This one was a gift, but I'm sure it would retail for at least $12.

1415111252_3de4ef66a1.jpg
    hello.world.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    wj...what a frikken cutie! :happy2: :afro:
    Oh CUTE!
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    What a cutie, Webbie!
    <insert signature line here>
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    my nieghbor makes burp clothes but she embroiders (SP) on them with her fancy shmancy machine and she charges $6 for each, but I would say for yours like $4 maybe a bit more I would just sit down figure how much it cost to make them add a bit more for the work. You should check on ebay that's where my nieghbor sells most of her's and I know there are a bunch of others that sell on there to
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file