CurlTalk

Curly hair tangles less than straight hair?

I was just googling stuff and I found this article:
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fstory%2F0%2C2933%2C296713%2C00.html" class="Popup
Stange, huh? I still think that curly hair is harder to detangle though, because it often seems thicker. :happy3:
[sigpic][/sigpic]
3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    I read that story, too, but it sure doesn't apply to my curly hair! My strands just love to wrap around each other. I am not sure that the experiment was carried out scientifically, either; it doesn't sound like they took into account a lot of variables, e.g., products being used, length, condition, styling practices, etc. Also the scientist got the hairdressers to count the tangles, who knows if they were using a scientifically acceptable method to do this?

One thing I did notice about tangles is that curly hair tends to be less tangled when wet than straight hair. Once, when my friend had a baby I was taking care of her girls and I made the mistake of trying to detangle their stick-straight hair when it was wet. It was a very long and painful story for both of them. In contrast, water helps to detangle my hair, it's as it dries that it wants to tangle around itself.