CurlTalk

Do you use a Clarifying Shampoo?

And why or why not?

(Also, any rec's for a drugstore Clarifying Poo?)
currently loving the deva line
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SherryLSherryL Posts: 82Registered Users
    I use a clarifying shampoo that also has chelating capabilities. We live in a very hard water area AND we have a swimming pool. It's a double whammy for mineral build-up. I tend to clarify once every two weeks.
    3a, BSL, color treated/highlighted, fine strands (but lots of them), high porosity
    Routine: Modified CG, protein lover

:walk:
    I'm a curly-headed runner, triathlete and foodie! Sweat, chlorine, sun... my hair gets tortured by it daily. It somehow always manages to 'bounce' another day!
  • sirenrisingsirenrising Posts: 92Registered Users
    Okay so here's a question, what is the different between chelating and clarifying? :?
    currently loving the deva line
  • csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
    Clarifying shampoos may get the igredient gunk off of your hair, but chelating shampoos also get the hard water and chlorine buildup out. I just bumped an old thread of Laurabeth's about chelating shampoos.
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    Wavies get to shampoo once a week (I have been using homemade shampoo using castille), and I use ACV once a week for hard water. (so I answered yes)
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls