Brand New Wavie

A-Slave-2-The-WaveA-Slave-2-The-Wave Posts: 47Registered Users
Hello All,
I only discovered my hair is actually wavy, I have tried Boots Curl Creme and it weighs it down too much and takes ages to dry in the morning - making me late for college each day!!

What products would you recommend that I use that does not give frizz and gives lovely shiny waves.

Thank you.

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Welcome to the madness!!

Have you tried any oils yet? I always suggest you start with jojaba oil and work up from there (olive, coconut). What you want to do is, after your regular hair routine, but before you get out of the shower or towel your hair, put a DIME size amount of jojaba oil into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and then work the oil in through the length of your hair. If you use gel add it as well, while still wet.

If you have really thick hair (like me) it will still take a long time for your hair to dry. Mine takes three hours now, but it used to take 6 before the oils. If I really don't want it wet (like in the winter) I will use a diffuser on it for about five minutes just to speed up the process.

Good luck!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • A-Slave-2-The-WaveA-Slave-2-The-Wave Posts: 47Registered Users
    Thank you Heather,
    I've only really tried mousse and Boots Curl Creme, is this Jojaba oil available from this websites shop? Also, what good gels are available?

Thank you! :thumbleft:
  • blue79blue79 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Welcome to the madness!!

Have you tried any oils yet? I always suggest you start with jojaba oil and work up from there (olive, coconut). What you want to do is, after your regular hair routine, but before you get out of the shower or towel your hair, put a DIME size amount of jojaba oil into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and then work the oil in through the length of your hair. If you use gel add it as well, while still wet.

If you have really thick hair (like me) it will still take a long time for your hair to dry. Mine takes three hours now, but it used to take 6 before the oils. If I really don't want it wet (like in the winter) I will use a diffuser on it for about five minutes just to speed up the process.

Good luck!
    What about if you want to enhance waves/curls? Would the oil help? How would you compare jojoba oil vs leave in conditioner? Just wondering cause right now I've been using Garnier S&S leave in, have been contemplating getting that oil though.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Thank you Heather,
    I've only really tried mousse and Boots Curl Creme, is this Jojaba oil available from this websites shop? Also, what good gels are available?

You might find jojoba oil at any health food/organic shop. Look for the "therapeutic grade" on the label...it's usually found in the hair/body/skin area of the store.

Some nc.com board favorites are: Herbal Essences Body Envy, Herbal Essence Set me Up, Mop Top, Fuzzy Duck, Rocking Ringlets, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]Confident Coils[/buylink], Batia & Aleeza and oodles of others ( I just got Sebastian Hi Contrast and Abba to try out tomorrow..:). Check peoples signature lines and look and their websites if they have them. Welcome to naturally curly!
    2b/3a.
    Thank you Heather,

I get my jojaba at the local health food place. My favorite gel is Aussie. It is water soluble and available pretty much everywhere. :wink:
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
    What about if you want to enhance waves/curls? Would the oil help? How would you compare jojoba oil vs leave in conditioner? Just wondering cause right now I've been using Garnier S&S leave in, have been contemplating getting that oil though.

It's the moisture that you want. Jojaba oil is a very small and will penatrate your hair shaft (in theory - lol) where as conditioner just coats. Of course everyone's hair is different and the same things may not work for us all. I use Garnier sometimes, but I usually use a conditioner that is a bit lighter. Adding gel to wet hair and not touching it will enhance your waves as much as anything. A diffuser can work wonders as well.

Don't worry too much about finding an "enhancer" for your waves. Just focus on getting it in great shape and having the best hair you can have.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file