Someone hide my scissors!!

Just posted on the Transitioning board that I was happy and getting compliments...why do we find good things and start getting happy and then do something dumb? My bangs are barely 1" now...I was gonna "trim" the ends and cut once and once more and now they're gone (so is the color). They're Bet Bangs (not long enough to be Betty)...I started thinking, "Hmmm...a few layers to help them blend in?" Oh Helk no...I put the scissors away...

Speckla

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    One good thing is that the rest of my hair suddenly looks a lot longer. :D :afro:

Speckla
  • GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Posts: 219Registered Users
    I actually made my SO hide my scissors because every time I looked at my hair I would see some ends that needed trimming.
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B
  • tmmycattmmycat Posts: 256Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    lol, I made my boyfriend hide my scissors too ... but then I went to Target and bought some more!

I seriously think I'm addicted to hair cutting. I don't know why but the feeling of trimming and cutting my hair just gives me a rush and makes me feel so happy ... the joy of seeing something ragged become clean ... and how soft and easy to comb it feels afterwards! but it looks better long so I have to try to not cut!

I have been good and haven't trimmed my hair since April 26 (except for my bangs). whew, this is hard.
    shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a chronic cutter too. I swear, everytime I'm about to get my period I think my hair needs to be cut.

I've cut it SO short. Then I decided it was too tapered, so I cut the back up shorter, so the sides were longer in comparison.

It looks super cute, but if I don't stop I'm going to eff it up.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
    that is about when I get the urge to cut mine too...
    000_0858_0001-vi.jpg

000_0889-vi.jpg

I'm putting down the scissors. this is 9 mths worth of growth. never realize the difference before.

Speckla
    that's a big difference!! great job!! :) looks like at least 6 inches maybe more.
    My goal is bsl while curly. I'll reach it within the next 12-18 mths. I have a short torso and that makes it seems longer sooner.

Speckla
    your hair looks like about the same length as mine (around shoulder length) and I am trying to get to BSL too. it will probably take me two years though. it seems like at least 9 more inches to go on me.
    tmmycat wrote: »
    your hair looks like about the same length as mine (around shoulder length) and I am trying to get to BSL too. it will probably take me two years though. it seems like at least 9 more inches to go on me.

8" from the end of my hair to bsl. My hair grows between 3/4" - 1" per month, so I'll def. be there in that time frame.

Are you taking any supplements? I noticed the most difference when I started taking a B Complex with Biotin. My hair was thinning and looking terrible. It has since thickened up and started growing faster.

Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file