My Skin Is Looking Incredible....

g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
I have this 2 sided magnifying mirror in my bathroom & I check my face in the magnifying side each morning & night. This morning I thought I was looking on the other side, becuz I didn't see the wrinkles I normally see. I can't believe how good my skin is looking. I didn't expect any improvement from the products I've been using. I was just trying to keep my skin from getting worse. Once again, thank you RedCatWaves. Your recommendations have made such a big difference in my skin. :love1:
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You're very welcome. I'm glad things are looking good. :)

I've got something new I'm trying. Aloe. I've been using it as a moisturizer, and it makes my skin so soft and heals up any little problem areas I might have quickly (like if I get a little too ambitious with the acids). It makes an excellent primer for mineral makeup too...controls the oilies. Not the junky aloe you buy in the drug store for sunburn, but the real stuff from a health food store that you have to keep refridgerated. They have it in liquid and gel form. I like the gel better. I couldn't possibly use a whole quart of aloe before it goes bad though, so I froze it in ice cube trays and then put the cubes in a bag in the freezer. A cube is about 1 ounce, so, once defrosted, it fills a little squirt bottle I have. I apply it over all my other skin actives as the last step before bed or before makeup in the AM's. Since it's cheap, I spread it all over my chest and arms and hands too. Very nice stuff. In the winter I might add a drop of emu oil to it if I get really dry, but for the spring/summer/fall, it's all I need for moisturizer.
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    OK, I'm just dying to know..... what are ya'll using?
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    I've bought Aloe before, but I think it was for drinking. I'll see how my skin does this winter. I have dry skin, so more moisture is always nice. I ordered a sample of Phyto Lift. I used the DMAE, but I'm sure not for long enough. You said it takes a year to see results & it is pretty expensive. I think the Phyto Lift is a temporary thing, but makes your skin look better with make-up.

I am running out of everything, so I did a big order online last night. Instead of ordering more AHA, I ordered the Salilylic Acid instead. Instead of the Retin-A .5%, I ordered the Retinol .1%. I love the Hyaluronic Acid & Emu Oil, so I ordered more of it. I didn't think I would like the oil versus the lotion moisturizers I had been using, but I was wrong. My skin loves this. I still have plenty of the WGO cleanser you recommended & will order more when I need to. I don't want my skin to get too use to the actives. I feel I need to keep it on it's toes. I went a week, during my vacation, not using anything other then the cleanser & moisturizer on my face. Once I restarted my regimen, I started to see more results.

I got my samples in from Meow Cosmetics & I have found my skin looks better with the Bare Minerals. To each her own, I guess. :laughing9:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    Where do you order this stuff? Is it Rx's?

I use Bare Minerals, too and love it!
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
    OK, I'm just dying to know..... what are ya'll using?

We must have been typing at the same time. :laughing9:

My regimen:
    AM
    Toner w/no alcohol
    Retin-A
    Hyaluronic Acid/Emu Oil
    Mineral Makeup

PM
    AHA
    Retin-A
    Tri-Luma
    Hyaluronic Acid/Emu Oil
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    Where do you order this stuff? Is it Rx's?

I use Bare Minerals, too and love it!

The Retin-A & Tri-luma are RX. Order from www.medsmex.com
    I order the Salicylic Acid & Emu Oil from www.dianayvonne.com
    Phyto lift & Hyaluronic Acid from www.ingredientstodiefor.com
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    KurlyKarenLee

I went to all of these websites and ordered all of the things that both of you recommended. I re-read my thread about adult acne---I think Redcatwaves made the same recommendations then --I was just too overwhelmed.

I'm amazed at the price I got the AHA for at ingredientstodiefor. I just bought some from Merrill Norman a couple of weeks ago for $35.00. Boy, did I get taken!

Thank you both! I'll let you know my progress
    KurlyKarenLee

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    How in the world do you get prices on some of this stuff? DO you have to go to the checkout point?
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

susancnw wrote:
    How in the world do you get prices on some of this stuff? DO you have to go to the checkout point?

Which website are you referring to? I didn't have a problem with any of them.
    KurlyKarenLee

I went to all of these websites and ordered all of the things that both of you recommended. I re-read my thread about adult acne---I think Redcatwaves made the same recommendations then --I was just too overwhelmed.

I'm amazed at the price I got the AHA for at ingredientstodiefor. I just bought some from Merrill Norman a couple of weeks ago for $35.00. Boy, did I get taken!

Thank you both! I'll let you know my progress

Good luck in your new skin regimen. I just got my Emu Oil in & I'm waiting on the rest. Keep in mind that it will take some time to see improvement. I'm very impatient & I usually give up after a week. It's been a few months for me now. Have you tried the mineral makeup? I will never go back to liquid foundation.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Which strength salicylic acid did you order?
    TIA
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    I can't remember what % of salicylic acid I ordered and it doesn't say on the packet. I probably ordered the strongest they had.

I got my stuff today from ingredienttodiefor so that was really fast shipping!!!

G-stringGrannny & RedCatWaves, --The Hyaluronic Acid and the AHA are thinner than I was expecting. How do you apply them? With your fingers? Mixed with lotion?? on a cotton ball?? I just poured some out on my fingertips and applied it. I hope I didn't use too much.
    KurlyKarenLee

G-stringGrannny & RedCatWaves, --The Hyaluronic Acid and the AHA are thinner than I was expecting. How do you apply them? With your fingers? Mixed with lotion?? on a cotton ball?? I just poured some out on my fingertips and applied it. I hope I didn't use too much.

You can apply the AHA with a cotton ball or gauze pad, but I think that method wastes product. I put mine into a dropper bottle and just put drops directly on my face and rub it in. No need to rinse off.

When using any acids, you should allow at least 30 minutes before applying anything else to the skin. Otherwise, whatever you apply will neutralize the acid and it won't do any good.

Hyaluronic acid should be a little thick...kind of syrup consistency. It makes a nice moisturizer on it's own, but even better when you mix it with a drop or three of emu oil. The HA makes the oil absorb into the skin better than it would on it's own.
    Thanks, RetCatWaves. I haven't gotten my emu oil yet, but when I do, I'll give that a try. I didn't put anything else on my face other than the AHA and the hyaluronic acid and my face feels very soft and smooth.

One question on the cleaner--I ordered the wheat germ cleanser from Diana Yvonne. Will that take off eye makeup, too --or do I need to take it off with something else?
    KurlyKarenLee

One question on the cleaner--I ordered the wheat germ cleanser from Diana Yvonne. Will that take off eye makeup, too --or do I need to take it off with something else?

It will take off eye makeup. But, you may have to do a second cleansing of the eyes if your mascara is waterproof type. I usually use a bit of oil or makeup remover on my eyes first, wipe off with tissue, and then cleanse the whole face with WGO cleanser, which will take off the oil and the rest of the makeup residue.
    Thanks RedCatWaves and G-Stringgranny! I've gotten everything I ordered except for the Retin A and Tri-Luma from Mexico. I've been using the products for less than a week and my face feels very soft and moist; however, it looks kinda --well--greasy. I use Bare Minerals foundation and I have to touch up with the mineral veil several times a day. I know alot of people like that "dewy glow" look, but I would prefer more of a matte look. Have ya'll had this problem? Maybe I'm using too much product.

I'm only going to use the Emu Oil at night since I don't want to make things worse. I've only been using the Hyraluronic Acid and AHA after washing with the Wheat Germ Cleanser-- just kind of pat it on and smoothe it in with my fingertips. What do you suggest cutting back on?
    KurlyKarenLee

You may be using too much Emu Oil. I'm still waiting on my HA to come in, so I'm just using the Oil for moisturizing right now. I use very little and rub it in well. I haven't had to apply more makeup during the day. Is your skin oily? Mine is dry. My skin just drinks this stuff up.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    VTmom wrote:
    Which strength salicylic acid did you order?
    TIA

I think mine is the 2%. I haven't gotten it in yet, so I can't remember. I'm sure my products are at my house, but I haven't been home since last Saturday. My daughter had to have a kidney stone surgically removed, so I've been at her house.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    Thanks, RetCatWaves. I haven't gotten my emu oil yet, but when I do, I'll give that a try. I didn't put anything else on my face other than the AHA and the hyaluronic acid and my face feels very soft and smooth.

I was using the cleanser to take off my eye makeup, but like RedCatWaves said I also had to do 2 washings to get it off. I am now using an oil free eye makeup remover. I got the CVS brand, but it is comparable to Loreal, Bye Makeup Remover. I really like it.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
    You may be using too much Emu Oil. I'm still waiting on my HA to come in, so I'm just using the Oil for moisturizing right now. I use very little and rub it in well. I haven't had to apply more makeup during the day. Is your skin oily? Mine is dry. My skin just drinks this stuff up.

Yes, my skin is very oily. I still break out and I get those nasty milia things. I think that the AHA and the Hyraluronic acid are going to be enough moisture for me. I might be able to get away with using the Emu Oil at night --but not in the day.

As far as the salicylic acid, I think I ordered the 2% also, but I haven't started using it yet. Maybe that would help with the oiliness. Do you mix it with water to make a paste or what?
    KurlyKarenLee

• NuttyNutty Posts: 20Registered Users
    You can get twice as much salicylic acid for the $$ here: http://shop.paulaschoice.com/product/224/8

Her products are very basic.

Is Emu oil really worth it? I mean, using that vs. a veg-based oil.
    2C/3A
    No Poo! No Product!
    Nutty wrote:
    You can get twice as much salicylic acid for the $$ here: http://shop.paulaschoice.com/product/224/8

Her products are very basic.

Is Emu oil really worth it? I mean, using that vs. a veg-based oil.

The pH is too high on Paula's Choice salicylic products. They're hardly even acidic. I don't know what powder the other poster purchased, but I like the 2% and 5% SA's from DianaYvonne.com. They're comparable values to Paula's, but much better products, cleanly formulated with a low pH.

I think emu oil is a great product. It's anti-inflammatory, non-comedogenic, and just darn moisturizing. Veggie oils made me break out. For whatever reason, emu oil doesn't break me out.
    The pH is too high on Paula's Choice salicylic products. They're hardly even acidic. I don't know what powder the other poster purchased, but I like the 2% and 5% SA's from DianaYvonne.com. They're comparable values to Paula's, but much better products, cleanly formulated with a low pH.
    I am LOVING my PSF products - gentle cleansing castile and vitamin c serum. I am also loving most all of the sample products they send me in my order. Smart folks there - they send samples knowing you'll buy. :wink: I noticed they now have a 2% and 5% BHA. Have you tried theirs yet? I was thinking about ordering it. I've been using PC's BHA's for several years and am ready for a change.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    VTmom wrote:
    I am LOVING my PSF products - gentle cleansing castile and vitamin c serum. I am also loving most all of the sample products they send me in my order. Smart folks there - they send samples knowing you'll buy. :wink: I noticed they now have a 2% and 5% BHA. Have you tried theirs yet? I was thinking about ordering it. I've been using PC's BHA's for several years and am ready for a change.

I haven't tried PSF's SA's. They look good, although I don't know the pH of their acids. The SA's are a tiny bit cheaper at DianaYvonne.com, and since I have to pay sales tax when I shop at PSF (they're located in my state), I tend to shop at DianaYvonne.com whenever I can.
    I got my Salicylic Acid powder also. I'm not sure what to do with it either.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • NuttyNutty Posts: 20Registered Users
    The pH is too high on Paula's Choice salicylic products.
    A pH of 3 is fine, too low and you risk more irritation. Everyone's tolerance is different.

PSF doesn't seem to reveal their pH anywhere.
    2C/3A
    No Poo! No Product!
    I haven't tried PSF's SA's. They look good, although I don't know the pH of their acids.
    Nutty wrote:
    I contacted customer service at PSF and the pH of their BHA is approximately 2.0.

Nutty wrote:
    A pH of 3 is fine, too low and you risk more irritation. Everyone's tolerance is different.

The higher the pH of an SA, the less bioavailability of the SA. So there is a giveback for having that less-irritating-but-higher pH. I tolerate low-pH SA at 5%, even 8% with very little irritation, so Paula's higher pH SA just doesn't interest me.
    Nutty wrote:

The higher the pH of an SA, the less bioavailability of the SA. So there is a giveback for having that less-irritating-but-higher pH. I tolerate low-pH SA at 5%, even 8% with very little irritation, so Paula's higher pH SA just doesn't interest me.

RCW, how do you apply the SA? Do you make it into a paste or add it to another acid? I have just been dabbing it on the T-zone dry. It seems to be doing a great job of preventing the bumps that I started getting around my nose. They aren't pimples - just oil gland bumps that look really bad. They're almost gone now after using the SA for just a couple of days.
    KurlyKarenLee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file