We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

So I bought Nature's Gate Hemp Conditioner

DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
But I haven't used it yet. Will be using it tomorrow. Anyway, I bought it because I have been using Elucence and I don't think I'm digging it too much. It weighs my hair down. So the last time I washed I used my Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner and it's just too moisturizing for this time of the year (it works WONDERS in cold weather though!) So I decided to go conditioner shopping yesterday and haunted the NG shelf for about an hour (I was over 20 minutes late coming from my lunch break! :laughing9: ) and decided to go with the Hemp conditioner because it promises to reduce frizz. My hair is very moisturized but tends to frizz easily, if the wind blows, someone or I touch my hair, if someone looks at me the wrong way. Frizzies!

Anyway I'll review it this weekend but in the meantime has anyone used it and seen a reduction in frizz?
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I've never used that one, but I do have the NG Aloe & Lavender co and really like it. Looking forward to your review!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    I've used that, and their Henna conditioner too. It was when I was a teenager, and my hair was looser and longer, so I'm not sure if the results would be the same, but back then they worked really well with my hair.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Well I used it today and just my luck we had a surprise torrential downpour of rain this morning (we were supposed to have beautiful sunny weather all weekend) when I was outside. Then as the day warmed up and the sun came out, it got EXTREMELY humid and sticky out. Then I was in a car with open windows/sunroof on a highway going 70mph! Plus I didn't have enough gel so I got frizz!!!!!!!! :(

But, it did leave my hair super soft. At first when I was applying it to my hair in the shower, I felt like it wasn't moisturizing enough. Like my hair was sucking it all in and the surface of my hair felt rough. When I finished showering and had rinsed out all of the conditioner, I was running my fingers through my hair to get out all tangles before putting in my product and I found myself just running my fingers through it over and over because it felt so SMOOTH. So I think this conditioner will work great on normal and cooler days to reduce every day frizz. But I don't think it's strong enough for high humidity, which kind of bums me out.

I'll wash my hair again on Monday and hopefully we won't have any overwhelming rain or humidity then. And I'll have to buy a new bottle of gel LOL.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file