How long after weaning did you get your period?

Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
I'm just starting to supplement formula w/ Bella, and she's 4 months old. I haven't gotten my period yet, I was just curious.
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    Negative 22 months.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    geeky wrote:
    Negative 22 months.

Please don't say things that cause me to think too hard. It makes my head hurt.

So, you mean you got your period before you stopped breastfeeding?

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    ten months
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    babywavy wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Negative 22 months.

Please don't say things that cause me to think too hard. It makes my head hurt.

So, you mean you got your period before you stopped breastfeeding?

Yeppers. I got it at 3 months post partum. I weaned at 25 months. Up until 6 months, I was breastfeeding exclusively.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I started supplementing Chas at 9 months. I weaned him at year. Now 13 months later...I'm having my first true period. I did spot at the one year mark.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    I got mine at 4 months PP. I exclusively BF for 7 months, and in total for about 13 months.

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    so ya just never know?

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    :laughing9:
    yah, few months...
    fn major disappointment...ah, well...
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    I was still pumping and I got mine back at about 6 months pp. I had gradually cut back from pumping 7 times a day to 5 and I think that's what did it.

I kept pumping until 8 months pp, but at that point I was already pregnant with baby #2.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I always got mine back at around 9 months post-partum, even though I was exclusively breastfeeding.

Yeah, you just never know for sure when it'll come back.
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    How can you guys remember this? :confused1:
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    realistic wrote:

How can you not? The pregnancy and births and feeding and growth of my children was extremely important to me, then and now, so I remember. The things that happened to my body were just as important as the things that happened to their bodies.

If you ask 95 year old women with alzheimers about their birthstories and the time surrounding it, they will usually remember in great detail.
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    baby #1 - period returned around 10.5 months, stopped bf'ing at 11 months
    baby #2 - period returned around 11 months, stopped bf'ing at 12 months

I breastfed both exclusively until 5/6 months. I never supplemented with formula, though, they started eating a few solids around the 6 month mark.
    :rambo:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    With the first, 4 months pp (weaned at 11.5 months)
    I had gotten pregnant and my body couldn't handle the demands of growing a baby and nursing a toddler

2nd: around 6 months pp (weaned at 11 months)
    I had gotten pregnant (again). My milk wasn't letting down quickly enough and my daughter weaned herself.

3rd: around 8 months pp (weaned at 20 months)
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    1st- 10 months, but I only had a period every 8 or 9 weeks for a while. The first time that happened, I freaked- I was afraid I was pregnant again, and I was NOT ready! He didn't wean forever (he was like 33 mos.) (he did gradually nurse less, and I stopped pumping at 11 mos., but he was never supplemented with formula)

2nd- She was born in January, I had a period in May (although I think this was because of a Depo shot that the midwife convinced me to take to buy me some time while I considered bc options), then I didn't have another period until November. So about 120 months again except for the Depo incident. I stopped pumping and started supplementing at 9 mos., although she continued to nurse until 17 months.
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    I breastfed/pumped exclusively until DS was about 6 months old--periods came back when he was 3 months.
    ehLB.jpg
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    6 weeks post partum. I started pumping at 10 weeks pp, so I was BFing exclusively at the time. Unfortunately i never got to enjoy not having a period aside from the time that I spent being pregnant. :blackeye:
    realistic wrote:

Only because it just happened. :laughing9:
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    realistic wrote:

I remember because I was pissed at the time. I was BFing and didn't at least get the oft-touted benefit of no period! :laughing9:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    gemini wrote:
    realistic wrote:

I remember because I was pissed at the time. I was BFing and didn't at least get the oft-touted benefit of no period! :laughing9:
    We got robbed! :laughing9: :blackeye:
    gemini wrote:
    realistic wrote:

Same here. I was not as cheated as gemini, but I still remember being quite "WTF????!!!!!?????" about it all.

• realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    If you ask 95 year old women with alzheimers about their birthstories and the time surrounding it, they will usually remember in great detail.

I don't doubt this. I will too. I just asked a question about remembering your period.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    realistic wrote:

I don't doubt this. I will too. I just asked a question about remembering your period.

It's probably a memorable one. Most people remeber their first, so I guess it's like that (haven't had mine yet...)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

geeky wrote:
    gemini wrote:
    realistic wrote:

Same here. I was not as cheated as gemini, but I still remember being quite "WTF????!!!!!?????" about it all.

I thought it was normal not to have a period but my doctor was in shock that I hadn't started by 9 months. Both my sisters had theirs while BF. I was told that it differs with each kiddo...so I may not be as lucky the next time. :)
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    I've been giving Quentin formula along with breast milk from day 1 and still have not started my period yet.. Yesterday I was so hungry all day and my husband goes "oh great you haven't started your period and now you can't stop eating, you're pregnant again" I think I would die if I got pregnant this soon after having baby. Ok I wouldn't die but I don't know how anyone handles having two babies that close together
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    i just got my period last week and im still exclusively breastfeeding. i feel cheated! hoodwinked! bamboozled!! :cussing:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file