We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

don't know what to try next!

CKMunchkinCKMunchkin Posts: 87Registered Users
hey guys - I'm having some serious hair issues. I have not had a good hair day in FOR E V E R. I have tried EVERYTHING from [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] to Jessicurl to Deva to MopTop to Joico to MOP to Innersense to Oyin etc etc etc... and things will work for a couple days and then stop! what is going on?? my hair is limp and lacking curl. I have tried switching shampoos/conditioners (I need shampoo or my hair gets MEGA greasy) and while my hair is shinier and healthier, the waves are still seriously lacking. I need some product recommendations (if there are even any products LEFT that I havent tried) to help my fine, wavy hair!!! please help!
2 cocktail!

currently using: LUSH seanik solid poo, LUSH veganese condish, NG aloe (sometimes), no styling products - I am way too fed up, and my hair looks fine without them so far...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F11024948%40N05%2F" class="Popup

Comments

• echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    How about these...
    Biotera Curling Cream- I keep this around because it's a lighter cream styler, I can't use it alone daily but for the weekends it's great
    Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking gel- I know it's for AA locks but it's a light hold gel and smells so so so good, got it at sally's(too light also for daily usage for me but I love the smell so I keep it and mix with Aura.)
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink] Leave in - recently became a convert to this stuff. Great leave in, I use it usually mixed with a heavier leave in.Very thick but a little goes a long way.

I make a leave in from 3/4 tablespoon of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl WDT[/buylink] and 8oz water in a spray bottle. It still keeps the frizzies away but isn't heavy enough to weight my hair down. I use it in the summer when I don't need a heavy leave in. Plus it makes my hair really soft...like a mini DT.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    If you havne't tried Alagio's Crazy Curl Balm -- I think that might be a good product to try! I used it for the first time yesterday and loved it!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Do you clarify and Dt? That may help. I recently have been using Curls products with alot of success.
  • CKMunchkinCKMunchkin Posts: 87Registered Users
    thanks for the tips guys!! i will have to try some of that stuff :) about the alagio - isnt it pretty crunchy?? I really love having soft hair, so I'm worried about the crunch.....
    2 cocktail!

currently using: LUSH seanik solid poo, LUSH veganese condish, NG aloe (sometimes), no styling products - I am way too fed up, and my hair looks fine without them so far...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F11024948%40N05%2F" class="Popup
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    CKMunchkin wrote:
    thanks for the tips guys!! i will have to try some of that stuff :) about the alagio - isnt it pretty crunchy?? I really love having soft hair, so I'm worried about the crunch.....

I've used it yesterday and today, and today my hair is still wet right now, but yesterday, I did not have crunch, just maybe a tiny bit but not like a hard gel crunch, if that makes any sense...it was a soft hold for me...I tried using more today, almost a quarter size but not quite so we will see if I get any crunch. It's definitely not crunchy like gel for me anyway. Oh, and I wanted to say that I think you can still get a sample at www.alagio.com
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    When you end up with crunchy hair, just scrunch it out once completely dry! I need the crunch personally to reduce frizz.
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
  • OstaraOstara Posts: 25Registered Users
    Have you tried Baking Soda? I use this maybe once every fortnight and it really brings my curls back to life. I mix about a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water and tip it over my wet hair (without using shampoo). I let it sit in my hair for a few minutes then rinse and then a final rinse of ACV. If you think you need a conditioner then use it before your final rinse of ACV. You can use more than one cup of the baking soda rinse but make sure that the quantity of baking soda is the same, dont be tempted to use a stronger mixture.

Hope this helps
    currently using - John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler - Re-coil - Joiwhip & John Masters Evening Primrose shampoo when needed.
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    CKMunchkin wrote:
    hey guys - I'm having some serious hair issues. I have not had a good hair day in FOR E V E R. I have tried EVERYTHING from [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] to Jessicurl to Deva to MopTop to Joico to MOP to Innersense to Oyin etc etc etc... and things will work for a couple days and then stop! what is going on?? my hair is limp and lacking curl. I have tried switching shampoos/conditioners (I need shampoo or my hair gets MEGA greasy) and while my hair is shinier and healthier, the waves are still seriously lacking. I need some product recommendations (if there are even any products LEFT that I havent tried) to help my fine, wavy hair!!! please help!
    I know how you feel. I've gotten away from my normal hair routine to experiment w/Curl Junkie, Blended Beauty and Qhemet. I don't even remember what my routine was. :laughing9: I got a couple of finalist :bounce: from the bunch but it seems like forever since my hair really looked GOOD. What I've learned to do that has helped me is to mix or experiment w/products within the same product line, if possible. They usually mix well together, I get better results and my hair smells good(like scents). I have to shampoo every third, fourth day or ALL products stop working for me.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • learning2luvmycurlslearning2luvmycurls Posts: 25Registered Users
    I only use CG friendly products and I call myself a no-poo girl, but I DO occasionally shampoo with CG friendly shampoo/cleansers. I am a 3A and before I went no-poo I was never happy with my hair and it would also never grow past my shoulders! Now, I LOVE my hair and it's a little bit past my shoulders and I know that it's due to my CG routine. It took awhile to get used to it and I used to cringe when I read on here that people were "no-poo" but now I wouldn't have it any other way. So, I guess my suggestion to you is to find either a low-poo shampoo or a no-poo cleanser and also get a couple of CG friendly products and try that. I like to keep ISOPLUS conditioning shampoo in my shower (which is CG friendly and cheap----I get mine at CVS) for the rare times when I feel like I really need to wash. Otherwise, I just use Suave conditioners to wash with. Every once in awhile I'll use an ACV rinse and my hair LOVES that. The last recommendation I have for you is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]. That is definately my HG, without it my hair doesn't really get the defined, clumped curls. Good luck!
    Fine/3a-c hair, CG since 2006
    C/O wash: Suave Waterlily Aloe, As I am Coconut Co-wash
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Custard Cream, Kinky Curly Knot Today Detangler,Herbal Essence Set me Free Gel, Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    HG: Neutral protein filler
    DT: Coconut Oil, Argan Oil
    Special Considerations: I frequently color because I have almost 50% grey, I use a semi-permanent to reduce damage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file