CurlTalk

How do you add quotes to your posts?

Hi everyone, I know this isnt technically hair related, but can someone tell me how to do the cool block quotes thing? I dont think I am doing it right. When I try to quote someone else's post and then add a new one of my own, it lumps the whole text together! I've wondered how do do this for awhile, any help/ instructions would be awesome.
Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg

Comments

• marybethmarybeth Posts: 342Registered Users
    Hi everyone, I know this isnt technically hair related, but can someone tell me how to do the cool block quotes thing? I dont think I am doing it right. When I try to quote someone else's post and then add a new one of my own, it lumps the whole text together! I've wondered how do do this for awhile, any help/ instructions would be awesome.

are you clicking on the quote button in the upper right of the post you want to quote?

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I see the quote button, but do you highlight from previous posts (the ones beneath you) to pull it into your post...I'm going to try it.

Hmmm, first attempt didn't work. Need more detail on what exactly to do with the quote button.
    2b/3a.
    I see the quote button, but do you highlight from previous posts (the ones beneath you) to pull it into your post...I'm going to try it.

you mean if you want to quote more than one person?

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Hmmm, first attempt didn't work. Need more detail on what exactly to do with the quote button.

just click on the quote button, then start typing your reply beneath the text.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Ah ha! Got it, now how to you just get a piece of their quote or do yu not have that option?
    2b/3a.
    Ah ha! Got it, now how to you just get a piece of their quote or do yu not have that option?

after you hit the quote button, just delete out the part of the quote you don't want.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

whatever you do, make sure you have the quote tags at the beginning and at the end of the quote, otherwise it will not work.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Thank you!!!
    2b/3a.
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    marybeth wrote:

i've been wondering how to do this, let me try
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    Thank you!!!

my pleasure :thumbright:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    Thanks MaryBeth. Can you tell me where everyone gets the great smilies? i only have a small selection and i can't find all the others.
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    Thanks MaryBeth. Can you tell me where everyone gets the great smilies? i only have a small selection and i can't find all the others.

you are very welcome.

for more smilies, look right beneath your smiley collection and you will see a link that says, "View more emoticons," click on that link, it will open another window with a whole batch of smilies to choose from. Click on the one you want, close the window and the smiley will automatically be inserted.

:cheers:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Thanks for your help! Im going to go try it out.
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • funnybean14funnybean14 Posts: 58Registered Users

I still don't think this is working for me... what am I doing wrong? I hit quote and then start typing and the computer adds some strange stuff and then it doesn't work. I get frustrated enough about my hair, I shouldn't be frustrated by this quote thing too! :-D
    3A/3B I think...
    Modified CG: cowash Suave Berry Smoothie or Toasted Vanilla, cond TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture rich (I leave some in), Loreal Studio melting gel, Aussie sprunch to finish
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I still don't think this is working for me... what am I doing wrong? I hit quote and then start typing and the computer adds some strange stuff and then it doesn't work. I get frustrated enough about my hair, I shouldn't be frustrated by this quote thing too! :-D

I learned by pushing the quote button to reply then looking at the code to see how it was ordered. Check my post to see how I changed yours to get separate boxes.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

test test test

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

i think you might have the "Disable BBCode in this post" box checked. it won't work if that box is checked.

try it again, click the quote button, then look below and make sure that box is not checked.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

I learned by pushing the quote button to reply then looking at the code to see how it was ordered. Check my post to see how I changed yours to get separate boxes.

I am still not sure that I am understanding what to do. I hit quote and then under the quote, I start to type. Is this not what we are supposed to do?
    3A/3B I think...
    Modified CG: cowash Suave Berry Smoothie or Toasted Vanilla, cond TRESemme Vitamin E Moisture rich (I leave some in), Loreal Studio melting gel, Aussie sprunch to finish
    Okay... all of a sudden it is working. The only thing I changed was in my profile, I clicked on BBCode and HTML. Maybe this was my problem?
    3A/3B I think...
    marybeth wrote:

i think you might have the "Disable BBCode in this post" box checked. it won't work if that box is checked.

try it again, click the quote button, then look below and make sure that box is not checked.

OKay, I just saw this. I am such an idiot. Thanks for the advice!!!
    3A/3B I think...
    marybeth wrote:

i'm glad you figured it out. you are very welcome for the help. :cheers:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users

I have yet to figure out how to do the multiple quotes like SBB did with Ashkins and funnybean. Can you explain again?? A little s l o w e r this time :drunken: !!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    2happy wrote:
    I have yet to figure out how to do the multiple quotes like SBB did with Ashkins and funnybean. Can you explain again?? A little s l o w e r this time :drunken: !!

hi 2happy,

if you want to do multiple quotes you have to copy and paste the other quotes into your post and make sure you have the quote tags at the beginning and the end of each quote. do you know how to copy and paste using ctrl c and ctrl v?

mb

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

marybeth wrote:
    2happy wrote:

hi 2happy,

if you want to do multiple quotes you have to copy and paste the other quotes into your post and make sure you have the quote tags at the beginning and the end of each quote. do you know how to copy and paste using ctrl c and ctrl v?

mb

No I don't. I know how to highlight things and then right click to copy and then paste it elsewhere.........
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    2happy wrote:
    No I don't. I know how to highlight things and then right click to copy and then paste it elsewhere.........

that'll work too. ctrl c and ctrl v are just keyboard shortcuts. i use keyboard shortcuts a lot because for me it is easier than using the mouse. if you can't get it to work i can try pm'ing or emailing you a sample.

mb

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

2happy wrote:

here is a sample of how it should look, let's see if this works, i disabled the bbcode so you could see the actual quote tags. i had to copy and paste the first two quotes and type the quote tags in myself.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

marybeth wrote:
    here is a sample of how it should look, let's see if this works, i disabled the bbcode so you could see the actual quote tags. i had to copy and paste the first two quotes and type the quote tags in myself.

So sorry to anyone who may be still getting notified on this post. goofy.gif questionwht.gif blush2.gif

Just one more question. Then I will practice it all later. WHAT IS A QUOTE TAG????? This maybe:
    marybeth wrote:
    ?
    Location - WI
    yes, that is the quote tag. the text in brackets.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

Okay... all of a sudden it is working. The only thing I changed was in my profile, I clicked on BBCode and HTML. Maybe this was my problem?
    marybeth wrote:

OMG! I did it. I know I'm slow. Thank you for your patience : )
    Thank you!!!

Now I'm just showing off......I mean practicing icon_biggrin.gif
    Location - WI
    2happy wrote:
    marybeth wrote:

OMG! I did it. I know I'm slow. Thank you for your patience : )
    Thank you!!!

Now I'm just showing off......I mean practicing icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah!!! YOU DID IT!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

2happy, you are an Internet guru, i'll tell ya. :happy2:

3Aer...Botticelli Curls