Breech Baby

CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
I had another sono today and the baby is in the breech position. They said that he/she will probably turn on their own and that I have plenty of time. Is there anything I should be doing/avoiding to help them find their way?? Do babies usually turn around on their own?
3b (I think!)
HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com

Comments

• iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    It's normal for babies to be breech at your point in gestation. Most will turn on their own by the time they are full term. There are some things you can try that might encourage the baby to turn, and your hcp can try an external cephalic version to turn the baby later in pregnancy.

Here's a link with some suggestions. If you put "turning a breech baby" into Google, lots of other links come up.

http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/turning_a_breech_baby
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    My first one was flipping back and forth almost on a daily basis until week 38 when she was born. (Yes, I could feel the flips.) One appt. she'd be breech, the next, vertex, the next, breech.

• mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    Its too soon to worry about the baby's position - he/she is still small enough to move around.

Most babies will end up in the proper position since gravity will pull the heaviest part (the head) downwards. Atleast I think this is the reason.

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    I will say that some babies refuse to turn. Chas apparently did not like to be upside down. He must have been bottom heavy!! :laughing9: Nobody believed me that he was breech...but I knew because he kicked my bladder every day. When the doctor finally did an internal exam the last month...she was like wow....there's nothing there except maybe a foot. I ended up with a scheduled c-section because he never turned.

FYI, we did not try an inversion. We weighed the risks and the % of success and personally did not feel it was worth the risk. But everyone must make that decision for themselves.

You have lots of time for that little one to flip. :)
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    I will say that some babies refuse to turn. Chas apparently did not like to be upside down. He must have been bottom heavy!! :laughing9: Nobody believed me that he was breech...but I knew because he kicked my bladder every day. When the doctor finally did an internal exam the last month...she was like wow....there's nothing there except maybe a foot. I ended up with a scheduled c-section because he never turned.

FYI, we did not try an inversion. We weighed the risks and the % of success and personally did not feel it was worth the risk. But everyone must make that decision for themselves.

You have lots of time for that little one to flip. :)

We had the same exact situation and results.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    It's NORMAL for babies to be breech at 27 weeks. They generally turn vertex between 28 and 30 weeks. That's when the weight of their head starts to be more than their bodies, and gravity pulls them down. Did your doctor tell you there was a problem with a breech baby at 27 weeks?!?!?!?!?
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    It's NORMAL for babies to be breech at 27 weeks. They generally turn vertex between 28 and 30 weeks. That's when the weight of their head starts to be more than their bodies, and gravity pulls them down. Did your doctor tell you there was a problem with a breech baby at 27 weeks?!?!?!?!?

No, not at all. He was just telling me what they saw on the sono. He said there's plenty of time and that most babies turn on their own. He's a great OB - very relaxed, very laid back.

I was just curious as to everyone else's experience with this!!

My sister said the same thing - my nephew was chilling out and then about 2 weeks before she delivered she woke up and said it felt like there was a bowling ball between her legs. She knew he turned around at that point!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    My little guy has been head down for the most of the time. I hope he doesn't get any weird ideas about turning himself over.

But anyway, it's completely normal for a baby to be in just about any position at 27 weeks. You have lots of time for him to get into position. :)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file